Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

First Mature Buck - Northern CO

Mason326

Shot my second buck deer ever this year, nice mature mulie. Intended to hike in about 1.5-2 miles but had to keep going to find water for myself. Ended up about 4 miles back. Packed in enough for all of next week but saw this buck my first morning hunting and knew it was one I needed to make a play on. Glassed him about a mile away and stalked in, couple other hunters scared some does into his drainage/bed and I thought it was game over but he was really just below me the whole time. Looped around to where I had last seen him to get downwind and sure enough up he stands and the new rifle harvested its first head of game around 9:30am. Hiked out the meat and skull the 5-6mi back to the truck by about 10:30pm and temperatures dictated I take it home then. Came back after a day of rest to pack out camp.
MD 16.jpg

Thanks, y'all. This Texas boy finally found his hunting style backpacking out West here I think... This buck will be the first animal I've ever made any kind of mount out of.

Thanks, y'all. This Texas boy finally found his hunting style backpacking out West here I think... This buck will be the first animal I've ever made any kind of mount out of.
Definitely one for the wall! Congrats. Sounds like a heck of a pack job!

Congrats! File that behavior away for the next hunt, have seen many mature bucks stay in their bed when other deer spook.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juicer52
Back