First hand Covid symptoms

I don't want to derail, but I had my moderna booster a few weeks ago. It leveled me. I had a fever up to 102 ° for 2 days.

I am grateful for the science of the vaccines, but that was the sickest I had been in years, and if prompted for another booster it isn't clear to me I will move forward with it. I'll really have to think about it.
Did you mix and match booster vs first two? Curious what people who have done this experience.

Did you mix and match booster vs first two? Curious what people who have done this experience.

Moderna every dose. I, a mapmaker, think it is more dependant on the person than the cocktail. Other guys on the VFD had the exact same vaccines on the exact same dates as me over the last year, and my experience differed from theirs. The variability in experiences seems to just be a thing.

Last edited:
The nurse sort of advised that I mix and match the booster. He said the manufacturers were suggesting that it might be more effective. The VA clinic in Great Falls had Pfeitzer, Moderna, and Johnsons booster available. I chose to stick with Johnsons since I handled their vax well and I was away from home taking care of myself. Still, I didn't expect to handle the booster THAT well. Felt well enough to stop for a couple of hours and hunt birds at Loma on the way back to my camper on the Hi Line. Kinda wish I had opted to mix it up. I would feel safer if the booster had kicked my butt a bit. I'm ready for the next one when it's available.

I did Pfizer for first two shots, no major effects other than exhaustion the evening of the second shot. I got Moderna for the booster and got the chills that afternoon for about an hour and that was it.

Going for booster next week. Moderna again.
10%of county has now gotten it,one of them.
Flu & the crud going around,with little to no testing.
From what I have heard the last 2 days is it's here.
Hope you are not bad shape and get over this one.

Early morning trips to store for basics again. Wore a mask in the local store today to eff with them,the fools.

I got my booster last month at Great Falls VA clinic. No reaction at all. Again. In this province masks have been required since two years ago this February. And everyone complies. Everyone. Restaurants still open but to sit down requires proof of vaccination and registering. Most people take out or call in for delivery. Airlines are dumping flights by the hundreds. Employees too sick to work. Hospitals filled to capacity and every day we're breaking records for infections. Montana is a bomb waiting to explode. The attitude of folks there was alarming. Fools is right!

Has anyone had the new omicron variant?
Well, not for sure but the Wife and 20 year old Son are both positive. Son not jabbed, the Wife is with Moderna. If I was to guess I would say they have the Omnicron. Reason is neither lost taste or smell. Both had fever, son 1 day, Wife 4 days. Son soaked sheets from sweat one night sleeping and that is another Omnicron symptom I read. Cough, congestion, tired. I am not sleeping in a seperate room or bed than wife, I am not giving a shit anymore and since my guess this is the Omnicron half of me wants to get it and get it over with before I catch the Delta or original strain. But, no one likes me, not even the Corona and I can't get it. I tested a couple days after my son got sick per my employer rules and I am negative even though I had a very mild runny nose off and on. I was sure hoping it was positive and that the runny nose was the only symptom. I had one jab of J&J way back in April so it is supposed to be probably useless by now but I had read one report from South Africa that said the J&J might actually do a better job on the omnicron than the others. Who knows. I'm just done with this crap. I had an appointment a few days before Christmas to get a booster and I canceled out because it looks like the new data has been showing that the vaccine is doing more of job at keeping one from getting really sick but not doing much to keep the spread down. The majority of the people I know who got sick in the last month were jabbed, and probably spread the virus more by not social distancing and not staying home when they had a sniffle because they were jabbed and thought it was just a cold at first.

Sis in law who is caregiver for her 89 year old mother (my MIL) tested positive last Monday. She's vax'd & boosted. No smell or taste, mild cold like symptoms. Fine now, MIL (also fully vax'd & boosted) negative, no symptoms. SIL caught it Christmas from her daughter's family of six (all jabbed)...of which half were positive, half negative...all mild.

Last edited:
Moderna every dose. I, a mapmaker, think it is more dependant on the person than the cocktail. Other guys on the VFD had the exact same vaccines on the exact same dates as me over the last year, and my experience differed from theirs. The variability in experiences seems to just be a thing.
I asked a bunch of MDs at my wife’s Xmas party to speculate… medicine not epidemiology so closer but still not experts. They all agreed yeah, just lots of variability in experiences. My wife got leveled by the second dose but then nothing for the booster. I didn’t have any issues with all three, Moderna for both of us.

Xmas eve was pretty nuts here ER saw it’s highest number of patients (in general not most covid, though lots of covid) ever in one night.

My wife had 4 covid patients die on Saturday.

Last edited:
Has anyone had the new omicron variant?
Not sure but may have. The week before Christmas I started getting cold like symptoms. Persistent cough with phlem, a little tightness in the chest, runny nose and several mornings my eyes were gummed up. Lasted till this past Saturday so about 10-14 days.

I’ve currently got the Omicron variant. Basically, I have a sore throat, runny nose, a little chest tightness and that’s it. I’ve had it for 18 days now and no real issues. It’s more annoying than anything. I seem to wake up with a bunch of crap in my throat and head. After 220 tissues to start the morning, I don’t even know I’m sick the rest of the day.

On a positive note….there isn’t much weed spraying this time of year so it’s not affecting my income. It’s also given me a lot of time to hunt wolves over the last couple weeks!

I asked a bunch of MDs at my wife’s Xmas party to speculate… medicine not epidemiology so closer but still not experts. They all agreed yeah, just lots of variability in experiences. My wife got leveled by the second dose but then nothing for the booster. I didn’t have any issues with all three, Moderna for both of us.

Xmas eve was pretty nuts here ER saw it’s highest number of patients (in general not most covid, though lots of covid) ever in one night.

My wife had 4 covid patients die on Saturday

Need a reactive for perspective appreciation...

Over Christmas my wife got the omi variant from her family. She was fine other than her head feeling foggy. She had the J&J vax about 6 months ago. The kids and I didn’t end up getting it from her, even though we didn’t take any precautions other than washing our hands more often. I did get the Moderna booster a week prior to this, which may have been the ticket to keep me safe (I had zero side effects from the booster other than a sore arm).

I got my booster a couple of weeks ago. No side effects at all. My Nephew got out of the hospital about the same time. The Doc. told him that he was pleasantly surprised that he was going home. As bad off as he was the Doc. didn't think he was going to make it.

I was guiding a sheep last week staying in a small town. After killing a ram, we went to the small burger joint. Place was packed with Rocky Point MX traffic. There was a man playing live music and the only open table was right in front of him. We took it.

When we were finishing eating he was about done singing and he started talking to a couple at the adjacent table. She was complimenting him on his talent. He said and I quote “I’m usually a better singer but I’m sick and have been for about a week”.
Nice thing to hear after he’s been singing over your table for 45 minutes.

Everybody in our group had either already had covid, was vaccinated or both. Atleast 3 of us feel a little sick this week. Cold, covid? Not sure. I’d get tested but I work from home and am feeling quite a bit better today.
I don’t have to be around a person I’m not married to until next Thursday. If I still feel funny by this weekend I will.

Got my Moderna booster yesterday. Just a slight tender spot on my arm, but damn I feel achy all over today. Working under a dozer on my knees on stuff over my head may have something to do with it, but it's noticeable.

Funny story. The gal(?) that gave me the shot asked if a kid bandage was OK since they were out of regular ones. Sure, why not? I had to chuckle at being 60 years old with an Elmo band-aid on my arm. Got home and made our daughter laugh at it when it hit me. I got my shot at the pharmacy inside a Walmart. With DOZENS of brand new boxes of Band-aids literally right outside the booth where I got my shot! They were OUT? :rolleyes:

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back