First hand Covid symptoms

Just now going through COVID myself. I work in EMS and have dodged it since the beginning. I am 5 days in now have only had severe sinus pressure and lost all smell and taste. Everything tastes like water. No fever or any other of the severe symptoms.

My 40 year old, healthy cousin has been on a ventilator for over 4 weeks. He is sedated, and trached. He flatlined for 4 minutes on the 9th, the first time they tried to trach him. They finally got it done yesterday. Now there is concern that he may have brain damage because of the flatline and continued sedation as his lungs heal. He has 3 young kids 5 to 11 years old. At this point, his recovery will be nothing short of a miracle. Please, if so inclined, say a prayer for him.

My 40 year old, healthy cousin has been on a ventilator for over 4 weeks. He is sedated, and trached. He flatlined for 4 minutes on the 9th, the first time they tried to trach him. They finally got it done yesterday. Now there is concern that he may have brain damage because of the flatline and continued sedation as his lungs heal. He has 3 young kids 5 to 11 years old. At this point, his recovery will be nothing short of a miracle. Please, if so inclined, say a prayer for him.
Man hate to hear stories like this. Prayers 🙏

My fiancée's step-uncle (I think that's what one would call a stepdad's sister's husband) died during the wee hours this morning from COVID. Relatively healthy, late fifties, not vaccinated. It hit him hard.

My mom tested positive today. She's had one shot of the Moderna vaccine. She is sick, but not devastatingly so: Mild fever, congestion, gastrointestinal issues and fatigue. She and my dad are quarantined at home now. He is vaccinated and showing no symptoms.

After watching my brother and sister-in-law's ordeal from afar a few weeks ago (about which he shared in a post a few pages back), seeing my parents take their seat on the rollercoaster is especially scary and stressful. Thankful that things look mild so far.

Certainly will dcopas.

Just now going through COVID myself. I work in EMS and have dodged it since the beginning. I am 5 days in now have only had severe sinus pressure and lost all smell and taste. Everything tastes like water. No fever or any other of the severe symptoms.
Hope it stays mild form ya. Least you're in a position to know when to seek assistance and to keep your distance and @dcopas78 wow! rough one... Same with you bud. thoughts and prayers with your cousin and all effected by his struggle!

Youngest daughter (almost 30) tested positive end of May as I posted back then, only lost sense of smell. Still nothing but occasional quick whiffs of something now and then.

Took the Johnson vaccine last Tuesday. Woke up the next morning with sore throat, cold, that later progressed to chest congestion and then went away. Guess it’s working. Better safe than sorry. Didn’t want to end up out west on a hunt next month and come down with it and be quarantining there before I could come back home when there was a vaccine available to me.

My fiancée's step-uncle (I think that's what one would call a stepdad's sister's husband) died during the wee hours this morning from COVID. Relatively healthy, late fifties, not vaccinated. It hit him hard.

My mom tested positive today. She's had one shot of the Moderna vaccine. She is sick, but not devastatingly so: Mild fever, congestion, gastrointestinal issues and fatigue. She and my dad are quarantined at home now. He is vaccinated and showing no symptoms.

After watching my brother and sister-in-law's ordeal from afar a few weeks ago (about which he shared in a post a few pages back), seeing my parents take their seat on the rollercoaster is especially scary and stressful. Thankful that things look mild so far.
Prayers for your mom and dad. 🙏

Damn, hate to hear that. Sending thoughts your way. Kids need a dad. Hoping for that miracle.

Are you vaccinated (if you don't mind sharing)? Curious to see first-hand accounts of the symptoms of breakthrough infections vs what we've seen for the last year. It seems that there are more accounts of sinus involvement without chest congestion with delta, but haven't heard enough to know why.

Serious question here. Has anyone on here who's had the vaccine had or known people who took it to have major side effects from it? I'm someone who's been on the fence this whole time about getting it(and am strongly considering getting it) not having a strong opinion either way. I don't want to start an argument about it or hear biased political opinion. Just hoping to hear any firsthand information on it.

Serious question here. Has anyone on here who's had the vaccine had or known people who took it to have major side effects from it? I'm someone who's been on the fence this whole time about getting it(and am strongly considering getting it) not having a strong opinion either way. I don't want to start an argument about it or hear biased political opinion. Just hoping to hear any firsthand information on it.
A young man on our fire dept had to go to the ER post-second vaccine.Low O2, preventricular contractions, fever - it didn't treat him good.

That said, an older fellow on our FD spent 9 days in the ICU due to Covid, and I know dozens of other people who had the vaccine and had no negative reaction or the typical mild 24 hour fever afterward.

Just information on symptoms. Nothing more.

Most everyone in my extended family has been vaccinated. My brother and his wife are doctors. My wife is a nurse practitioner and my mother is a nurse. They all strongly believe in the vaccine. I had the worst symptoms of anyone. It felt like I had the flu for about 12 hours. I will gladly get a booster as soon as I can.

I know probably more than 30 people that got vaccinated . All three brands and a sore arm was the only side effect. Hope that helps

Well I’ve lost all taste and smell. Very mild sinus symptoms the last 2 days. Bad headache yesterday that I figured was from sinus pressure. Felt fine today but noticed food was bland at dinner. My blood orange beer taste more like water. Sprayed my wife’s perfume and can’t smell it at all. Very strange cause one side of my nose is completely open. 99.1 fever first time I checked but 98.3 now?? Getting rapid test in the morning. Thoughts from those that have had it or been around people that have. Thanks a bunch.
Sounds like you've got the "rona" to me! Loss of taste and smell is definitely the most common symptom in my experience (30+ people that I know personally). You'll feel better in a couple days, but you might not get your sense of taste and smell completely back for a month or more.

I’m coming out of it I hope. Still can’t taste or smell anything but it’s only been two weeks. Ended up going to urgent care on Saturday because I was really struggling to catch my breath. Ended up having pneumonia in both lungs as well. Pneumonia was far worse than Covid. Wife and brother had similar symptoms as the OP and they are both doing fine. Hits different people in different ways for sure. My advice would be to get checked right away if you are struggling to catch your breath. I waited 3-4 days too long. Antibiotics worked really quickly and by yesterday I was able to walk two loops around the neighborhood. On Saturday I couldn’t make it two steps without stopping. I’m 43, great shape, and no underlying conditions.
Is it just me, or do Pneumonia and COVID go hand-in-hand? Lot's of people seem to have them close to the same time. Maybe because they are both lung conditions??

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colt97
Back