First hand Covid symptoms

Serious question here. Has anyone on here who's had the vaccine had or known people who took it to have major side effects from it? I'm someone who's been on the fence this whole time about getting it(and am strongly considering getting it) not having a strong opinion either way. I don't want to start an argument about it or hear biased political opinion. Just hoping to hear any firsthand information on it.

Pretty much everyone in our extended family has gotten the shot (both wife's side and my side) which accounts for well over 100 people, everyone from 88 y/o great grandmother to 12 y/o niece - no major side affects other than feeling flu like symptoms for a day.

Serious question here. Has anyone on here who's had the vaccine had or known people who took it to have major side effects from it? I'm someone who's been on the fence this whole time about getting it(and am strongly considering getting it) not having a strong opinion either way. I don't want to start an argument about it or hear biased political opinion. Just hoping to hear any firsthand information on it.
I know of two breakthrough cases. My brother-in-law had it two weeks ago (Mid 40's). Mild symptoms and recovered quickly. One of my co-workers has it right now (early 30's). He is going on a week now of fevers, loss of taste and smell.

Everyone else I know that has had it or has it, either were not vaccinated or have it for the second time. My father is currently in the ICU. He had an oxygen level of 75 yesterday, and is at 93 (with the assistance of oxygen) this morning.

Is it just me, or do Pneumonia and COVID go hand-in-hand? Lot's of people seem to have them close to the same time. Maybe because they are both lung conditions??
It's not all to uncommon for pneumonia to follow, or be a consequence of, other respiratory infections. Speaking from my own experience, I once had a dose of flu that I pushed through to keep working, which turned into pneumonia, and I ended up in the hospital because of it.

After the second shot of the Pfizer vaccine, the next day I had nausea and a low grade fever for about 6 hours. Then, like a light switch, the symptoms passed and I felt 100%. Friends and family have had similar side effects, some for a day longer and some for less and some nothing at all. No one I know has had serious issues from vaccines and I know a great deal of folks who have been vaccinated.
This contrasts sharply with those I know who are not vaccinated, 3 of whom have died. The most recent being a 35 year old colleague, in perfect health, leaving his wife and two kids behind. A total tragedy that was.

My twin sister had some persistent dizziness after her first Pfizer jab. It has long since passed, but her doctor recommended she wait a bit for her second.

Other than that, probably 90% of people I hang out with have been vaccinated. Most have only had a sore arm, but a few of us (myself included) had what felt like about a 12-24 hour flu bug. Not a big deal at all.

For every 10 people I know who got vaccinated I probably know 1 who got the virus. They had much worse outcomes up to, and including death.

I just put a quick list together of people I have personally talked to about their experience with the vaccine. Not just folks that have a frame in their profile picture but people I called or texted. Ages range from 17 to 98. Many younger folks had moderate flu like symptoms for 12ish hours, some folks had no side effects.

One friend who is type 1 diabetic said it felt like her veins were tingling. No lasting issues.

One friend who had J&J is experiencing numbness below his injection site.

None of the 32 have tested positive after vaccination.

So I work in one of our COVID wards and I have had a shot of Pfizer and Moderna. All i had was a sore arm and a nap that afternoon. No third arm or monkey tail

Covid acts almost like AIDS does in the body. It weakens your immune system right down and any infection can then become fetal.

So I work in one of our COVID wards and I have had a shot of Pfizer and Moderna. All i had was a sore arm and a nap that afternoon. No third arm or monkey tail

Covid acts almost like AIDS does in the body. It weakens your immune system right down and any infection can then become fetal.

My wife was a nurse on the covid floor, but has since transferred out to a different role. I saw the toll it took on her over the 14 months she was there, so thank you for your service. Truly. Thank you.

Only speaking for myself. First Mederna March and second in April. Head was maybe a little foggy for a few hours. Shoulder was a little sore the next day, but just like the day after a shoulder work out. No missed work and still was able to workout and have a reward pint. Business as usual.

Still not certain why they put two microchips in me, but will get a third chip when recommended.

Only speaking for myself. First Mederna March and second in April. Head was maybe a little foggy for a few hours. Shoulder was a little sore the next day, but just like the day after a shoulder work out. No missed work and still was able to workout and have a reward pint. Business as usual.

Still not certain why they put two microchips in me, but will get a third chip when recommended.
The microchips are so we all know the location of your photos of bighorn sheep, big bucks, and fields full of geese/ducks. It makes sense when you think about it. 😉

My wife was a nurse on the covid floor, but has since transferred out to a different role. I saw the toll it took on her over the 14 months she was there, so thank you for your service. Truly. Thank you.
Thank You but I don't believe I've earned it. I took the temp job thinking it was just a ward clerk job, doing paperwork and data entry(which it was to some extent). As it turned out I was the last person some of these patients saw. I would be bedside for between 6-10 people a day so they wouldn't die alone. Then arranging funeral arrangements or tranfers around the province with the families.

Almost all of my friend group has been vaccinated, as well as a number of coworkers at my previous job (somewhere between 50-100 contacts). Nobody had serious reactions. About 1/3 had no side effects at all, the remainder only had the usual stuff (flu-like symptoms) for about a day. I feel like I had it worse than the majority of people I've talked to - I had a slight fever along with a massive headache for about 36 hours. That's nothing after hearing what my dad went through with Covid.

Thanks for all the comments. Any preferences on which vaccine? I think we only have Moderna or J&J as options anywhere nearby.

I know probably more than 30 people that got vaccinated . All three brands and a sore arm was the only side effect. Hope that helps
I'm in a similar boat, except one guy spent a day or so in bed with flu like symptoms and just absolutely worn out. No other side effects of note.

You can look up all reported vaccine adverse reactions here. https://vaers.hhs.gov/ There is risk in taking the vaccine just as there is risk in not taking it. To me, no comorbidities, I evaluated the risks of each option and got vaccinated mostly to reduce risk of long haul symptoms if I got covid.

Thanks for all the comments. Any preferences on which vaccine? I think we only have Moderna or J&J as options anywhere nearby.
Personal experience (along with my fellow ski patrollers vaccinated at the same time) was that we had marginally worse reactions to the Moderna vaccine than the medical personnel we knew who received the Pfizer vaccine. Nothing terrible, but ~24 hours of fatigue, joint pain, mild fever. However, as JLS stated, data is supporting that mRNA vaccines (Pfizer, Moderna) have greater efficacy against variants like Delta. I also have seen reports that suggest Moderna provides a greater level of protection against infection than Pfizer because each dose contains more mRNA than the Pfizer vaccine. My theory is that the greater dose of mRNA was the reason our symptoms were stronger.

TLDR: I'd recommend Moderna. It may be more unpleasant for a day, but that unpleasantness is your body gearing up for battle.

Last edited:
I ended up with pleurisy and blood clots in my lungs from the vaccine. With that being said, I was not the norm and it definitely has some benefits. I don’t believe it does shit to prevent you from getting Covid. I do believe that if you have the vaccine and get Covid you’re body will handle it much better.

For a reference. 8 of my family members got it in the last two weeks. 4 had the vaccine and 4 did not. 3 of the 4 that weren’t vaccinated ended up in the hospital for multiple days. The 4 that were vaccinated didn’t have nearly the issues. 1 of them got sick and aches, but the other 3 barely noticed it.

Had covid last Nov, it wasn't horrible, it just lingered for a couple weeks and morphed into a sinus infection that antibiotics cured. Had my two moderna shots in March. I did an antibody test before the vax because I was curious. I did have antibodies present. But I travel a lot and just didn't want to deal with the BS if they start requiring a vax. Anyway, each shot kicked my butt for 48 hours starting exactly 13 hours after the shot. Two days of feeling like I lost a cage match, fever, aches, exhausted. Then I was fine on day three. I just figured I was really immune now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sept7872
Back