First hand Covid symptoms

I know 24/7 already got plenty of answers, but I was sick as sh!t for 4 days after the second. And almost passed out 10 minutes after the first, had to have those "medics" that were standing by come over and help me out of the car.

Breakthrough is also very hard to quantify if you don't get tested. I know of many (15+) who've been vaccinated then had a family member get covid (per testing = actual documented breakthrough), then got sick and just assumed it was covid but didn't get tested (possibly breakthrough but undocumented). Either way, the ICUs are full of breakthrough cases.
Please back that up with stats. I haven't seen any indication of that. See my post #770. Most hospitals are sharing their stats and both hospitalizations and ICU patients are by far unvaccinated.

Please back that up with stats. I haven't seen any indication of that. See my post #770. Most hospitals are sharing their stats and both hospitalizations and ICU patients are by far unvaccinated.
Shit. Typo. Left off the "n't"

I tell you, some days are harder to manage this wet hot mess (me) than others.

Edit (3rd time):
From our regional hospital.
1629409170934.png

this is death rate, which is obviously beyond a bad side effect.

There have been 36,556,516 Covid cases in the U.S., 618,589 of those people died.

There have been 356 million doses of vaccine given in the U.S., less than 6,600 of those have died.

Covid death rate : One in 60
Vaccine death rate : One in 54 thousand
Just a point of additional clarification, that 6,600 number includes all sorts of deaths, and likely only a small fraction of them are directly or even indirectly caused by the vaccine.

Per CDC (https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/safety/adverse-events.html, same link from RobG above):
During this time, VAERS received 6,789 reports of death (0.0019%) among people who received a COVID-19 vaccine. FDA requires healthcare providers to report any death after COVID-19 vaccination to VAERS, even if it’s unclear whether the vaccine was the cause. Reports of adverse events to VAERS following vaccination, including deaths, do not necessarily mean that a vaccine caused a health problem.

Caught it on a fishing trip in AK, from locals. Slept the first 2 days, no taste/smell days 4 &5, hacked up flem days 4-7. Back to normal life after day of quarantine. Now 2 of us out of a family of 4 have had it and no adverse effects. My work stated over half of the new "wave" of positive tests being reported to them(airline company) are from vaccinated individuals. No vaccine here. Mandatory vaccinations of Anthrax in the Army and seeing individuals post(2-10 year) health/death from those vaccinations, keeps me from trusting Uncle Sam as a civilian now.

Just a point of additional clarification, that 6,600 number includes all sorts of deaths, and likely only a small fraction of them are directly or even indirectly caused by the vaccine.

Per CDC (https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/safety/adverse-events.html, same link from RobG above):
The VAERS reporting system is voluntary and not mandatory. The data in it is subject to a high degree of biases and subjectivity. Think voluntary big game harvest reporting in most Western states.

Yes, I was giving the high number the anti folks have been using to keep it simple.

Comparison of hospitalizations with and without vaccines are probably a more useful indicator. Data is limited (and not well controlled), but it looks like the vaccine gives one or two orders of magnitude risk reduction. That's huge.

https://www.kff.org/policy-watch/covid-19-vaccine-breakthrough-cases-data-from-the-states/ (The article has charts showing the data from each state.)

• Almost all (more than 9 in 10) COVID-19 cases, hospitalizations, and deaths have occurred among people who are unvaccinated or not yet fully vaccinated, in those states reporting breakthrough data (see Figure 2).
    • The reported share of COVID-19 cases among those not fully vaccinated ranged from 94.1% in Arizona to 99.85% Connecticut.
    • The share of hospitalizations among those with COVID-19 who are not fully vaccinated ranged from in 95.02% in Alaska to 99.93% in New Jersey. (Note: Hospitalization may or may not have been due to COVID-19.)
    • The share of deaths among people with COVID-19 who are not fully vaccinated ranged from to 96.91% in Montana to 99.91% in New Jersey. (Note: Deaths may or may not have been due to COVID-19.)
That was from a couple weeks ago so things might change a bit, but it strongly suggest that the vaccine is greatly beneficial in protecting your health if you get COVID-19.

Serious question here. Has anyone on here who's had the vaccine had or known people who took it to have major side effects from it? I'm someone who's been on the fence this whole time about getting it(and am strongly considering getting it) not having a strong opinion either way. I don't want to start an argument about it or hear biased political opinion. Just hoping to hear any firsthand information on it.
A Regular on this page posted a while ago about pleurisy and some heart issues.
My wife is an RN, soon to be NP so she has a lot of coworkers, like hundreds of them. A few of them have had to have blood transfusions after extremely heavy periods and passing blood clots.

I know of a guy that died of a heart attack a couple weeks after getting vaccinated. He had no previous history of heart issues, but he certainly was not the model of health either and it very well could have been a complete coincidence and unrelated.

To the contrary, I know two people ( not super well) that have died of Covid. A 35-year-old coworker that had a wife and two young children. He too was far from being a model of health, but it was and is terribly sad. Another was a friend of my wife’s family in his mid-70s.
Stubborn old guy just waited too long to go get help. By the time in he was too far gone.

I think the vaccine is extremely safe in the short term. There’s plenty of data to back that up.
Are the female issues and the associated inflammation cause for concern down the road for those experiencing them? Only time will tell I suppose.

Serious question here. Has anyone on here who's had the vaccine had or known people who took it to have major side effects from it? I'm someone who's been on the fence this whole time about getting it(and am strongly considering getting it) not having a strong opinion either way. I don't want to start an argument about it or hear biased political opinion. Just hoping to hear any firsthand information on it.
Sore arm after the first shot of Pfizer. Felt like crud, but wouldn't even describe it as "flu-like" for about twelve hours, starting about 10 hours after my second jab. Also had some aches from my armpit running down my side for about 24 hours, which I am told was my lymph nodes reacting to the vaccine. (in a healthy and expected way)

My sister is a nurse and has not treated a vaccinated individual in her ICU yet during the delta surge. We are in the DC metro, so not the hottest of hot spots, but a pretty significant population. Her hospital also gets a lot of patients from outlying, less equipped hospitals, although often, by that time, it's too late. She has two COVID patients now, both women in their thirties, both mothers, both unvaccinated. Not sure how many COVID patients are in her hospital overall, she is always on either ICU or surgical ICU floor.

this is death rate, which is obviously beyond a bad side effect.

There have been 36,556,516 Covid cases in the U.S., 618,589 of those people died.

There have been 356 million doses of vaccine given in the U.S., less than 6,600 of those have died.

Covid death rate : One in 60
Vaccine death rate : One in 54 thousand

The data says vaccines are 1000 times safer.

Peer reviewed study showed actual Infection Fatality Rate of .15%. If my math is correct that would be 1.5 in 1,000 who actually get the covid virus would die.

Publication: Bulletin of the World Health Organization; Type: Research Article ID: BLT.20.265892 Page 1 of 37 John P A Ioannidis Infection fatality rate of COVID-19
This online first version has been peer-reviewed, accepted and edited, but not formatted and finalized with corrections from authors and proofreaders

• Global infection fatality rate is approximately 0.15% with 1.5-2.0 billion infections as of February 2021.

So a genetic predisposition to developing blood clots runs in my family. 5 of us know we have the gene responsible for this, 1 other aunt we suspect shares this gene but hasn’t been tested.

The 5 of us confirmed with the gene were all vaccinated. Aside from fevers, sore armpits, headache for 1-2 days, we had no complications from the vaccine. The one with the suspected clotting gene got COVID last summer, along with her 17 year old daughter. Both ended up in the ICU. My aunt has had lasting effects to her lungs post-infection.

Otherwise, I can think of 13 additional family members who also received the vaccine with no unusual/profound effects.

One experience, FWIW…

Struggling to see how statistics arguing is a discussion, share of thoughts/prayers, follow how they're doing, etc... You know? First hand COVID symptoms?
My son is basically back to 100%. He seems full of energy, eating well, etc. You'd never guess he was sick less than a week ago.

My lingering symptoms are sinus/head cold type issues (occasional sneezing, feeling super dry internally, fogginess in thinking, etc.) and significant fatigue. We went to bed about 10:30 - 11:00 last night and my wife had to come in and wake me up at 10am today. I could easily have rolled over and kept sleeping. Right now, less than 6 hours later I could walk over and crash on my bed in a heartbeat. My appetite is pretty reduced as well which is kind of weird for me lol. And I can't hardly keep enough fluids in me in seems.

In case anyone missed it, I was vaccinated with Pfizer in April/May and tested positive on Wednesday via rapid test after showing symptoms Saturday night. So coming up on +/- 1 week of symptoms. This if my first run through with Covid.

Glad to hear of your son! You hurling - as in unable to keep fluids in or a firehose? Glad you had the vaccination, would hate to see where you might be w/o anything countering Covid.
Do they have you set for return visits to your doc for status updates or more or less, let it clear w/ home rest? Also, you mentioned appetite... are you able to taste/smell? More just curious having read other accounts.
Hope you feel better soon!

Glad to hear of your son! You hurling - as in unable to keep fluids in or a firehose? Glad you had the vaccination, would hate to see where you might be w/o anything countering Covid.
Do they have you set for return visits to your doc for status updates or more or less, let it clear w/ home rest?
Hope you feel better soon!
Neither, just drinking way more fluids than I normally do and seem to stay thirsty and dry. And not seeing the expected output on the other end lol. Almost like my body is burning it up trying to keep me cool or something.

After I tested positive they just told me to quarantine, rest, and stay hydrated. I don't have a normal doctor up here yet so I just tested on at the Minute Clinic at CVS. The plan was to let it play out while watching fever and oxygen levels unless symptoms became concerning.

Peer reviewed study showed actual Infection Fatality Rate of .15%. If my math is correct that would be 1.5 in 1,000 who actually get the covid virus would die.

Publication: Bulletin of the World Health Organization; Type: Research Article ID: BLT.20.265892 Page 1 of 37 John P A Ioannidis Infection fatality rate of COVID-19
This online first version has been peer-reviewed, accepted and edited, but not formatted and finalized with corrections from authors and proofreaders

• Global infection fatality rate is approximately 0.15% with 1.5-2.0 billion infections as of February 2021.
I'm not in a position to dispute, but even assuming the rate was 0.15% the vaccine would be around 2 orders of magnitude safer so you have to draw the same conclusion. The bigger point is that the all data shows the vaccine is much safer than the disease even if the data has large errors in either direction.

This is relevant because death and severe reactions to vaccines are first hand experiences for many here, and people here have asked about the relative risks. However, debating actual numbers isn't that useful if they point to the same conclusion.

[edit - be clear - I'm not trying to push vaccines on anyone, just presenting the data I know of because someone asked.]

I'm not in a position to dispute, but even assuming the rate was 0.15% the vaccine would be around 2 orders of magnitude safer so you have to draw the same conclusion. The bigger point is that the all data shows the vaccine is much safer than the disease even if the data has large errors in either direction.

This is relevant because death and severe reactions to vaccines are first hand experiences for many here, and people here have asked about the relative risks. However, debating actual numbers isn't that useful if they point to the same conclusion.

[edit - be clear - I'm not trying to push vaccines on anyone, just presenting the data I know of because someone asked.]
Not trying to argue. Just showing that there are actual scientists and respected epidemiologists doing peer reviewed studies that vary drastically from the numbers that are reported by msm. I'm not saying which is right but one is 1 in 60 and the other is 1 in 600+. Pretty large difference and I feel people should have as much info as possible when they make their health decisions.

Back