First hand Covid symptoms

Serious question here. Has anyone on here who's had the vaccine had or known people who took it to have major side effects from it? I'm someone who's been on the fence this whole time about getting it(and am strongly considering getting it) not having a strong opinion either way. I don't want to start an argument about it or hear biased political opinion. Just hoping to hear any firsthand information on it.
First shot, walk in the park. Second shot knocked me to then floor for 36-48 hours then, it was as if nothing adverse happened.

I don't think that's your question though could be wrong.

As far as any type of reaction after the known initial vaccination 3 day play out... I don't know of anyone that has had some form of adverse reaction to the vaccination. I know of one who still caught COVID several months after the Pfivzer vaccination and had to be admitted for two days though he said it was akin to the flu x's 2 then it went away.
Now, I'm not saying this to spew propaganda though the Doc told him, their position, had he not received the vaccination, he would likely be dead.
I can say you've prompted me to look back at my own time frame and I've yet to get sick. I've also had the annual flu vaccination.

I'm 100% for people making their own decision and 100% opposed to any mandated... especially for vaccinations still under EUA and not FDA approved. So not preaching, just sharing the only rough experience I am personally aware.

On here there have been a couple Covid heavy hits after the vaccination, if I recall correctly.

Best to you and your decision making.

Had covid last Nov, it wasn't horrible, it just lingered for a couple weeks and morphed into a sinus infection that antibiotics cured. Had my two moderna shots in March. I did an antibody test before the vax because I was curious. I did have antibodies present. But I travel a lot and just didn't want to deal with the BS if they start requiring a vax. Anyway, each shot kicked my butt for 48 hours starting exactly 13 hours after the shot. Two days of feeling like I lost a cage match, fever, aches, exhausted. Then I was fine on day three. I just figured I was really immune now.
Pretty much same timeline of events and reactions, give or take a month or two for contraction and vaxx.

I was speaking with a friend Monday evening and told him myself and mine would get the booster as soon as practicable. He looked at me like I had a third eye. Knowing he's both vaccinated and intelligent, I asked what was the problem. He said, well you don't know what's in the booster. Not much you can say to that kind of Facebook science...

But if this turns out to be mind control I want the powers that be to know I was on to your ass’s the whole time and I did not get the vaccine under my own accord.

and you guys seem somewhat smart, so what the hell. 🤷‍♂️

and then my arm turned into Mercury.
and then I time traveled to the back of an ambulance and woke up with an open incision of sorts on the back of my head...

I’m starting to believe...

Pretty much same timeline of events and reactions, give or take a month or two for contraction and vaxx.

I was speaking with a friend Monday evening and told him myself and mine would get the booster as soon as practicable. He looked at me like I had a third eye. Knowing he's both vaccinated and intelligent, I asked what was the problem. He said, well you don't know what's in the booster. Not much you can say to that kind of Facebook science...

I had the Moderna vaccine, was a little lethargic for a day starting about 24 hours after getting the 1st shot, 2nd shot had no adverse effects.

I'm 40, very healthy, no comorbidities, vaccinated, flu shot every year, intelligent, married to a medical professional who is far more intelligent than me. I'm extremely hesitant to get the booster after seeing how many vaccinated people are still getting sick and hospitalized. Plus, if the booster is tailored to whatever variant is running around now, how do I know it will be effective or not against the variant that is running around early next year when it's recommended I get the next shot? Frankly, at this point I'm more concerned about the damage this long-term wildfire smoke is doing to my family's health.

There is data showing a booster from
a DIFFERENT vaccine than your original provides better immunity than the same type. Think of your immune system being able to respond to a greater variety of variants. In having conversations with a friend of ours who is a a head nurse at a very prominent regional hospital, the end game isn’t necessarily not getting sick at all…rather it’s reducing severity of sickness to a negligible level.

I had the Moderna vaccine, was a little lethargic for a day starting about 24 hours after getting the 1st shot, 2nd shot had no adverse effects.

I'm 40, very healthy, no comorbidities, vaccinated, flu shot every year, intelligent, married to a medical professional who is far more intelligent than me. I'm extremely hesitant to get the booster after seeing how many vaccinated people are still getting sick and hospitalized. Plus, if the booster is tailored to whatever variant is running around now, how do I know it will be effective or not against the variant that is running around early next year when it's recommended I get the next shot? Frankly, at this point I'm more concerned about the damage this long-term wildfire smoke is doing to my family's health.
Not disputing your opinion nor access to quality info Luke...

Can you tell us where you are getting your information on how many vaccinated people are getting sick and being hospitalized?

I was just reading this article that quotes these numbers from the CDC.

“Breakthrough cases remain very rare. The US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention has reported just 8,000 breakthrough cases resulting in severe disease or death out of 166 million Americans fully vaccinated.”

I think it’s important not to focus on outliers. 8,000 out of 166 million is a very low number. We should focus on the 165.9 million that has not been severely affected.

Here’s the article. I quoted the last sentence.

Serious question here. Has anyone on here who's had the vaccine had or known people who took it to have major side effects from it? I'm someone who's been on the fence this whole time about getting it(and am strongly considering getting it) not having a strong opinion either way. I don't want to start an argument about it or hear biased political opinion. Just hoping to hear any firsthand information on it.
Friend got the Vaccine and was the sickest she has ever been, puking, dirreha body aches for 3 days. Think that was the moderna one. She was mid 30's and healthy

As far as I know (but I'm not a medical professional), the booster (for mRNA vaccines) is just another jab of the same mRNA. Since those vaccines train your body to fight the spike protein that Covid uses to attach to cells, they aren't tailored to new variants. As I understand it, the antibodies circulating after vaccination begin to wane after time. There are still other immune cells to mount a response to viral introduction, but increasing those active antibodies with a booster should make the immune response quicker which could prevent you from getting a high enough viral load to be infectious.

and then my arm turned into Mercury.
and then I time traveled to the back of an ambulance and woke up with an open incision of sorts on the back of my head...

I’m starting to believe...
Keep your ears and eyes peeled for the conch sonny boi...

Wife was so sick the next day she couldn't work. Moderna. She's young and in great physical shape. She's a nurse. Other young healthy nurses experience the same, the thought was that the younger and healthier your are the greater the reaction, not sure if it's true by any means. Everyone else I know had no reaction whatsoever if you discount stiff elbows from the computer chip.

Wife was so sick the next day she couldn't work. Moderna. She's young and in great physical shape. She's a nurse. Other young healthy nurses experience the same, the thought was that the younger and healthier your are the greater the reaction, not sure if it's true by any means. Everyone else I know had no reaction whatsoever if you discount stiff elbows from the computer chip.
You're a lucky one! Think we need a back in time feature so you may feel the wrath too many of us were snockered with for a day or two then - it was instant, never happened feeling. haha! Grats on sliding by on your 1st and most notorious 2nd shot ground pounder hit. Haha! :)

Can you tell us where you are getting your information on how many vaccinated people are getting sick and being hospitalized?

“Breakthrough cases remain very rare. The US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention has reported just 8,000 breakthrough cases resulting in severe disease or death out of 166 million Americans fully vaccinated.”

I think it’s important not to focus on outliers. 8,000 out of 166 million is a very low number. We should focus on the 165.9 million that has not been severely affected.

There is so much info out there it is difficult. One thing I have been trying to get is data coming out of Israel and Iceland. Both countries had high percentages of their population vaxed, it seems that they are having a higher numbers of breakthrough at this point. Both countries had a significant proportion of their population much earlier than us.
I had Covid at Thanksgiving last year. Very fatigued for about a week never lost my sense of taste or smell. Low grade fever that broke after three days. The really weird thing I had during the week I would wake up in the morning thinking I was over it about the time the sun started to go down I started feeling like I had been beat with a ballpeen hammer, next day same thing.

this is death rate, which is obviously beyond a bad side effect.

There have been 36,556,516 Covid cases in the U.S., 618,589 of those people died.

There have been 356 million doses of vaccine given in the U.S., less than 6,600 of those have died.

Covid death rate : One in 60
Vaccine death rate : One in 54 thousand

The data says vaccines are 1000 times safer.

There is so much info out there it is difficult. One thing I have been trying to get is data coming out of Israel and Iceland. Both countries had high percentages of their population vaxed, it seems that they are having a higher numbers of breakthrough at this point. Both countries had a significant proportion of their population vaccinated much earlier than us.

Southern Elk, see above, I think the CDC needs to look outside our own borders...and I don't understand how the CDC sees and interprets quickly rising numbers in the U.S. with 'rare'. Plus, Covid was heavily asymptomatic the first time around, and with the vaccine you're supposed to get even less sick, how on earth does the CDC know how many breakthrough cases are really out there unless we all go back to a heavy testing regimen like last year?

this is death rate, which is obviously beyond a bad side effect.

There have been 36,556,516 Covid cases in the U.S., 618,589 of those people died.

There have been 356 million doses of vaccine given in the U.S., less than 6,600 of those have died.

Covid death rate : One in 60
Vaccine death rate : One in 54 thousand

The data says vaccines are 1000 times safer.

Best available modeling calculates actual covid cases in the US to be 3 times the number of confirmed cases. If this is accurate, then actual death rate is closer to 1 in 180 than 1 in 60. Either way, the current story is still the same, best available data shows the risk of death from the vaccine is significantly less than the risk of death from the virus. Its much easier to count the number of deaths and the number of vaccinations than it is the number of actual covid cases.

I know 24/7 already got plenty of answers, but I was sick as sh!t for 4 days after the second. And almost passed out 10 minutes after the first, had to have those "medics" that were standing by come over and help me out of the car.

Breakthrough is also very hard to quantify if you don't get tested. I know of many (15+) who've been vaccinated then had a family member get covid (per testing = actual documented breakthrough), then got sick and just assumed it was covid but didn't get tested (possibly breakthrough but undocumented). Either way, the ICUs aren't full of breakthrough cases.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VaDon
Back