Caribou Gear Tarp

First hand Covid symptoms

I had to go to the doctor a couple of weeks ago for what turned out to be bursitis and infection in my elbow. During the exam, the doc asks me “Have you been vaccinated for Covid?” Me: “Yep”. Him: “In this arm?” (Indicating the bad one). Me: “Yep”. Him: “We’ve been seeing a lot of this. Apparently the microchip sometimes gets stuck in the elbow and causes these kinds of issues.” He was totally deadpan in the delivery, and we both got a good chuckle out of it.

@Sytes, sorry to hear about your friends.

I don't know. I emailed him and didn't get into that portion. Just that I had no words other than I am there for him and would be there as soon as a flight could be reserved to assist with house, anything. I would pray and keep him in my thoughts

Edit to add: Apparently it's pretty rampant and asked me not to come out as they've had to send patients to other hospitals, etc.

He's been through hell in 'Nam... though I'm sure this is tough as...

Well, your question, never asked. :( Maybe sometime later it might come up.
Sorry for the loss. Yes, your friend is right unfortunately, Oklahoma is rampant and very low rate, bottom 20% of all states, of folks getting vaccinated.

My wife and I just tested positive. I’ve had what I thought was a summer cold (scratchy throat, runny nose, congestion). My wife thought hers was the flu (headache, congestion, extreme tiredness). A week in and it is still kicking her ass. Three sister-in-laws, nephew, and wife’s uncle also have it. My kids getting tested today. Everyone had been vaccinated (Pfizer, J&J, and Moderna). This Delta variant is troubling. Hopefully the vaccines are lessening the symptoms and keeping folks out of the hospitals, but still discouraging. We’ve collectively got to get on top of this thing so it doesn’t keep mutating and undercutting our previous and current efforts.

My wife and I just tested positive. I’ve had what I thought was a summer cold (scratchy throat, runny nose, congestion). My wife thought hers was the flu (headache, congestion, extreme tiredness). A week in and it is still kicking her ass. Three sister-in-laws, nephew, and wife’s uncle also have it. My kids getting tested today. Everyone had been vaccinated (Pfizer, J&J, and Moderna). This Delta variant is troubling. Hopefully the vaccines are lessening the symptoms and keeping folks out of the hospitals, but still discouraging. We’ve collectively got to get on top of this thing so it doesn’t keep mutating and undercutting our previous and current efforts.
Prayers up.

Really sorry to read that Blueridge. Hopefully it passes quickly.

Sorry about your luck man and I hope you get better but the “everyone had been vaccinated” part that’s too good

Sorry about your luck man and I hope you get better but the “everyone had been vaccinated” part that’s too good
How is that too good?

My son, his girlfriend, my daughter, my brother-in-law, nephew, etc are vaccinated and have all tested negative today. It means vaccines are providing some protection AND there’s break through, which is expected.

Last edited:
Last October my best friend (in another state) who didn't have any other medical problems got covid and died. His wife who has had many other medical problems also got it and came through OK.

About the same time I got sick with something and the doctors did a bunch of tests, including for covid which tested negative. They gave me an antibiotic and a few days later I was fine. However, they also gave me a blood test that showed a high PSA count that was later confirmed to be Prostate cancer.

In April, before they started the cancer radiation treatments they had me take another covid test that also came back negative.

During the Christmas-New years holidays, I had been staying with my girlfriend. On New years day she felt sick, went to her doctor, and tested positive for covid. She came through OK but still does not have her sense of smell or taste.

Two weeks ago at the end of my radiation treatments they did another blood test which showed my PSA count at almost zero, but it also showed that I have the covid antibodies. I have not had a covid shot, so to have the antibodies, I must have had covid and not known it.

How is that too good?

My son, his girlfriend, my daughter, my brother-in-law, nephew, etc are vaccinated and have all tested negative today. It means vaccines are providing some protection AND there’s break through, which is expected.
So out of a possible 13 people, 7 people had breakthrough cases. That’s what I mean. 47% of the time it works every time.

If I can save up enough money to go to valle Nevado next summer but they won’t let me go without getting my second Pfizer shot I’ll get the second shot.
The sons a bitches got me.

So out of a possible 13 people, 7 people had breakthrough cases. That’s what I mean. 47% of the time it works every time.
Have you heard anyone say 100% of the time it works every time? I haven’t. Or that it will work every time on future variants?

Insignificant sample size, but in our immediate households it is 7 positives and 9 negatives.
Without vaccinations, likely 16 positives of increased severity, to say nothing of the exponential ripple into our communities.

Have you heard anyone say 100% of the time it works every time? I haven’t. Or that it will work every time on future variants?

Insignificant sample size, but in our immediate households it is 7 positives and 9 negatives.
Without vaccinations, likely 16 positives of increased severity, to say nothing of the exponential ripple into our communities.
Hang in there. I seem to recall reading Pfizer only provides about 40% effectiveness against the delta variant. For whatever reason, Math is hard for some. The hospitalization numbers certainly show efficacy against severity of symptoms. Wishing you guys the best.

Pure speculation on you part, but if it makes you feel better go for it.
Ripple effect, you could of and Probably
were spreading it despite having the vaccine, so not clear what ripple effect you think you stopped.

Hang in there. I seem to recall reading Pfizer only provides about 40% effectiveness against the delta variant. For whatever reason, Math is hard for some. The hospitalization numbers certainly show efficacy against severity of symptoms. Wishing you guys the best.
I’ve heard so many different efficacy numbers from acronym’d experts that I’m dizzy Jason. We’ve gone back to guarded protocol but the all clear habits die hard.

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back