First hand Covid symptoms

I was feeling pretty off last week and my wife suggested I come into her clinic and get a test. That was a trip, it's like someone sticking a swab up your nose to tickle the back of your eyeballs, didn't know whether I should laugh or cry...result was negative though
Hopefully you start feeling better. It used to be one nostril. Now, those sadists, swabbed both nostrils. FWIW, I laugh and cry.

Well I’m nine months in and no change since getting out of the hospital last in August. Looks like I settled in at about 75% of prior lung and heart function. I just got it too early and they didn’t yet know how to treat it effectively before permanent damage. I hope I’m wrong but if not I’m learning to adjust and live with it. I sure wished I had burned certain points last year though!

Mrs. Fin lost her taste on Thursday. She got tested yesterday. Positive test this morning. So far loss of smell and taste are the only symptoms.
My thoughts and prayers will be with you and pray that you get through this in good shape. I recently had my own scare with my wife that ended my elk hunt. Fortunately, for me my wife tested negative on two follow-up tests.

Roget that. I woke up this morning with a low grade fever, something that had went away on Tuesday. Hoping it is not a return to my weekend state of condition.
@Big Fin
Hoping this makes you laugh (but not cough). Not trying to derail an already volatile thread.

Many posters to the thread seem to be coming at this from some of the other meanings listed below.

Roget's Thesaurus

Senses and synonyms of the word

- fever -​

#382 Heat: Nn. fever heat, fever.
#389 Thermometer: Nn. fever heat, fever.

#503 Insanity: Nn. frenzy, furor, fury, fever, rage.

#504 Madman: Nn. frenzy, furor, fury, fever, rage.

#655 Disease: Nn. febricity, pyrexia, fever, feverishness, calenture, febrility -- run a temperature, fever.

#824 Excitation: Nn. fever of excitement, fever, heat, fever heat, fire.

Last edited:
Well I’m nine months in and no change since getting out of the hospital last in August. Looks like I settled in at about 75% of prior lung and heart function. I just got it too early and they didn’t yet know how to treat it effectively before permanent damage. I hope I’m wrong but if not I’m learning to adjust and live with it. I sure wished I had burned certain points last year though!
This really stinks. Hopefully healing is still happening!
My thoughts are with all of you guys affected!

I guess it's my turn. Tested Sunday, +result Tuesday. Mid grade fever Sunday evening seems to have dissipated by early Wednesday. My biggest issue so far has been body aches. Hips, knees, shoulders, lower back. Yesterday morning, i really enjoyed my cup of coffee. By lunch I could have eaten styrofoam, for all that flavor mattered. I'm certainly hoping that my symptoms can stay this mild, but I'm not that confident. Hope anyone else suffering along recovers completely and quickly.

Getting a lot better. Oxygen levels are up. Cough is less. No fever.

Glad I went to the Triage Center Monday morning. I was going the wrong way and those treatments helped me turn the corner. It is hard to explain how much I've improved in four days. Thanks for asking.
Glad to hear your improving!! If I may ask what type of treatment did they offer?

Back