First hand Covid symptoms

Well, it finally hit our house it appears. My daughter’s boyfriend was exposed last week, and stayed here on Thursday before they went on a trip together. She called on the way home and said he had just heard of the exposure, and he was feeling pretty rough as of yesterday morning. Both got tested this morning and are awaiting results.

Today, she’s spiraling downward. We’re all masked up and avoiding each other. I can’t tell if I’m experiencing mild symptoms or seasonal allergies. I’ll probably go in for a test tomorrow or Wednesday.

Well, it finally hit our house it appears. My daughter’s boyfriend was exposed last week, and stayed here on Thursday before they went on a trip together. She called on the way home and said he had just heard of the exposure, and he was feeling pretty rough as of yesterday morning. Both got tested this morning and are awaiting results.

Today, she’s spiraling downward. We’re all masked up and avoiding each other. I can’t tell if I’m experiencing mild symptoms or seasonal allergies. I’ll probably go in for a test tomorrow or Wednesday.
Best wishes to you and your family.

Hoping for the best, and that things turn out ok for you all.

JLS, thoughts and prayers with you and yours. What a kick in the pants to hear such news and feel the domino effect.

Here's to a negative result return for your daughter and her boyfriend. If positive, hopefully it stays mild with vaccinations(?) and healthy upkeep.

Fishing trip was a chitshow for covid.

Captain came down with it while were there and didnt get tested until the day before we left AK. One processing plant was shut down completely, seems the owner was not vaccinated and was struggling big-time with covid.

Of the 6 of us that were exposed, all had the vaccine and 5 of the 6 of us tested negative on rapid test and PCR test, no symptoms. One in our group tested positive on both a rapid test and PCR test and was vaccinated.

He's about day 5 of symptoms, mostly nasal issues a bit of congestion in the lungs, but he's over that already. Seems to be recovering really fast as just about back to normal now.

Seems there's something to all that science related shit with covid and the vaccine...as in, it works.

Best to you and yours JLS.

My wife's family split on vaccinations.
Two non vaxxed infected her 80 yr old father who has serious medical challenges. He( vaxxed) was ill but survived. We were exposed to him for three days before his test came back positive. We, vaxxed, didn't get sick.

I'm going out on a limb, no offense JLS, but any doubters of vaccinations should maybe reconsider all medical care from here on out. You need bypass surgery, a stint, don't trust the professionals...make your own choice. Good luck.

God forbid, don't vaccinate your dog for snake bite, either.

Apologies for the rant. The chit is coming back for round two.

Y'all ask @CowboyLeroy how those ten days turned out 🙊
They were horrible. Covid almost took Mrs Leroy from me, and ended up causing us to have an emergency c section. We now have little miss Leroy but little miss Leroy had to spend three days in the nicu in Tallahassee. So if you're on the fence, get the shot. You don't want to be in the position I was in I promise you.

Attachments

• 20210810_161637.jpg
    20210810_161637.jpg
    908.2 KB · Views: 4
My non vaccinated 70 year dad just got over covid. He started feeling bad on a Sunday and tested postive on Monday. Got a fever of 101 for one night. He woke up in middle of night drenched with sweat. Fever left and never came back. Went a day or so later and got an infusion of antibodies. That made him feel rough that day and part of the next. He said the infusion made him shaky and very cold. He was sitting in his truck with a heavy coat on in 90+ temps. Lost smell for just one day. His voice got a little scratchy for a few days. There was a few days he felt week but mainly when he went outside to do yard work but it was also extremely hot outside. Never had a bit of breathing issues the entire time. He said he has been much sicker with the "regular" flu.
Thankfully he is good now.

My non vaccinated 70 year dad just got over covid. He started feeling bad on a Sunday and tested postive on Monday. Got a fever of 101 for one night. He woke up in middle of night drenched with sweat. Fever left and never came back. Went a day or so later and got an infusion of antibodies. That made him feel rough that day and part of the next. He said the infusion made him shaky and very cold. He was sitting in his truck with a heavy coat on in 90+ temps. Lost smell for just one day. His voice got a little scratchy for a few days. There was a few days he felt week but mainly when he went outside to do yard work but it was also extremely hot outside. Never had a bit of breathing issues the entire time. He said he has been much sicker with the "regular" flu.
My wife got transfusios for three days and shaking like a long tailed cat in a room full of rocking chairs

They were horrible. Covid almost took Mrs Leroy from me, and ended up causing us to have an emergency c section. We now have little miss Leroy but little miss Leroy had to spend three days in the nicu in Tallahassee. So if you're on the fence, get the shot. You don't want to be in the position I was in I promise you.
Damn glad you guys are okay man that's awful you had to go through that.

Yes, I was poking fun but it's true - scary time for the family.

Stay safe everyone

I had it last October. My family medical history and the genetic card I’ve been dealt in life totally suck to be quite frank! I’m diabetic, have high cholesterol and high BP. I also was diagnosed with cancer in October of last year, just shortly before I got covid. With all the co-morbidities as they say Covid should have been very concerning to me. On paper the only thing I have going for me is I’m an active hard worker who is only 38, so youth is still on my side. It’s funny how you can never really predict how that mess will affect someone. Most of my family got it at the same time and had they not been sick at the same time I wouldn’t have even recognized what I had until my sense of smell and taste disappeared for 2 days. I just noticed a few abnormal headaches early on and was a bit more fatigued for a few days. My brother, sis-in-law and wife who are “more healthy” than me all had full flu like symptoms and felt horrible for almost 2 straight weeks. Like I said, no real predicting how it’ll affect you. I have lost a bunch of weight to help with the other issues this year and so far I am cancer free after a major surgery that was able to cut it all out in one swipe, I even avoided all the chemo/radiation stuff so I’m a very blessed man to say the least! Best of luck to you all who are dealing with it.

I have a few ‘like a brother’ denier friends who frustrate and scare the chit out of me. Im sure we all do.
Yes, no question.

I'm about over caring or being concerned anymore though. Every small town I've been in the last 3 months in ND, SD, WY, ID, AK, WY all have walk-in covid vaccines, no cost, and no appointments needed.

Would be sad to lose some friends over something as childish as refusing a known way to either not get covid and/or reduce your chances of having further trouble or even being dead.

But, whatever...wish them luck and if they die or have long term health problems, so be it.

Well, daughter’s BF tested positive. He’s not vaccinated. He’s also going into nursing. It’s baffling to me. He’s a great kid, a REALLY great kid.

Like NHY said, it’s frustrating. He apologized to me for all of this. I’ve been around few 18 year olds as bright, polite and respectful as him, so his decision not to get vaccinated (given his future career) just puzzles the hell out of me. All of this is just damned mess.

Daughter hasn’t gotten test results back, but I’ll bet a pile of Benjamin’s she’s positive. I’m concerned, and keeping a close eye on things. She said she had a little shortness of breath this afternoon.

The boss and I went and got tested tonight. Thus far, no symptoms. I’m getting a little vacation, if that’s what you’d call it. Lots of little projects getting done.

Glad to hear he managed better than the flu. Much better than others.
Best to all and the personal decisions we make.
JLS considering his intended career - I'd be just as surprised.

Back