Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

First goat scouting trip - Lots of pictures

Keep after them, you never know when a big billy will show up!

You got this! Can't wait to see that heavy haul out!

Cheers,
WB

Thanks for the well wishes, I think I'm going to need every one of them.

Still hot and sunny. Found 28 different goats so far and seen goats everyday, but no billies in a location that I could get to them.

Did put the stalk on a lone goat yesterday, but it disappeared into thin air somehow.

Weather is supposed to be coming in, but not in time for this goat hunt I'm afraid.

Already looking at the calendar to figure out when I can get back if I have to.

Wish me luck, I'm in desperate need of it!

Last edited:
These nannies have the right idea. It's hot!

7B762B15-2821-47DE-AD59-ADEEEAB819E5.jpg

Up to 31 different goats seen now. One potential billy back on the other side of the canyon in an inaccessible spot.

Keep at em buddy! You're in goats it's just a matter of time before a good billy shows.

Shot a billy last night right before dark. Out of 40 different goats seen over the course of the week he was the only 100% confirmed billy we saw so it was a no brained to go after him.

3 1/2 year old, right at 9" horns, 5 3/8" bases. Really good hair. Very happy with him. Ended up packing out in the dark in the rain on some slippery stuff, but made it out in one piece.

I'll do a detailed write up of the entire hunt but here's the picture.

26959C60-EDBD-4DDB-AC1B-60D2F410B229.jpg

Not the best shot placement and nothing up on the mountain to clean him up with. 2 bullet holes. He rolled about 50' and got hung up on a tree so everything stayed intact.

Maybe the toughest hunt of my life. 7 full days hunting, mentally a lot of pressure on a once in a lifetime tag, physically some serious climbing and high elevation hiking, lots of time behind the glass, going from dawn to dusk+ everyday. Made it very rewarding when it did come together though.

I'll add lots of pictures of a lot of different scenery to when I get a chance.

Thanks for the comments, it actually helped me keep after it.

Awesome billy! Way to go! You definitely earned that bugger.

I just drove through your unit and hit all the pullouts I could to glass from the highway. Saw some in MT but nothing in WY. Good to see you weren't up on the rocks in that rain today.

Wow, that's a heck of a billy for 3 1/2! Nice job and way to stick with it!

Glad you finally got one. I hope you enjoyed your time in that area.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrownDitch
Back