First goat scouting trip - Lots of pictures

Great to hear. Congrats. Any goat is "well-earned," but that one seems to be more earned than most.

Looks like a fun trip in some crazy rough and beautiful country, good luck. Cant wait to see the pictures and updates.

Thanks for the comments everyone!

Very happy with how it all turned out. Now in retrospect, all the hard work it took will make this hunt much more memorable.

I've had a couple days at my friends house to repack and regroup and try to get the goat smell out of my backpack before heading out after elk this morning. We are packing in on horses and I have only ridden a horse twice in my life so this is going to be a new experience for me for sure.

After the unseasonably warm weather during the goat hunt, this week is starting out cool and wet. Chances of snow where we are going to be the next couple days.

I'll post a new thread on the hunt details of the goat hunt and the elk hunt when I get back.

Right now the plan is to have 1 day going in, 1 day of scouting and up to 5 days hunting.

There are quite few guys here that do a helluva job sharing hunts, paden definitely sets a high bar for effort, pics, and description..thanks and best of luck on your elk hunt.

Love it, tough earned and more memorable for sure! Enjoyed tagging along and you tagging out!

Congratz!

Somehow I missed this after the scouting missions that you had been on during the summer I was really looking forward to the hunt. Can't wait to see the full write up Congrats on the trophy of a lifetime. You really hung in there and got it done great job! Man I wanna hunt those sooo bad..

Congrats on your goat! The hide looks really good, he will make a nice mount.

Good luck on your elk hunt!

What an awesome hunt and a wonderful goat.

Remember, with great effort comes great reward!

Good luck on the wapiti.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Waspocrew
Back