First Elk Hunt Wyoming Unit 7 Cow Tag

CornFedCoon

Hello folks, my friend and I will be going on our first elk hunt this fall. He drew a Wyoming unit 7 cow elk tag. I will be going with him to help pack and to gain experience. Does anyone have any knowledge about the unit they would be willing to share. We are planning on hiking in and camping while we hunt. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated. I am really excited and looking forward to it! Thanks in advance!

I also drew the same tag. I'm planning on being there in October mainly for deer & antelope. But I'm also planning on going back in November or December if need be

As Buzz says finding elk shouldn't be a problem. Getting to them is another thing. GPS and a chip is my advice would be almost impossible without it. Next is good glass and look hard. Sounds like you don't have a tag? In the past there have been leftovers so you should pick one up in July.

I got the tag to go scout the area for the future. I'm not burning points in an area I don't know anything about. I'll even pick up leftover doe antelope tags to learn more areas while I'm there

Thanks for the advice guys! I didn't know that there are leftover tags. That would be great if I could get my own tag as well. Again, thank you very much. You folks are the best.

PEAX Trekking Poles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tvrguy
Back