First Edits of Season Three

You should have seen it from my view. OK I missed the shot but was able to see many others with this setup. I think what made it work was Randy was always a good 60-100 yards in front of the camera guy. As most of you know antelope seem to have a comfort range between 150 and 200 yards. Randy with his decoy hat put the antelope at ease enough that the never really paid much attention to Troy. Either that or he is really stealthy. ;)

Awesome time and I can't wait to see the end result of the show. Anybody notice the antelope in the sizzle real was the one that was shot on this hunt?

Ok, I just watched the "Sizzle" reel for the first time.. That looks to be some of the coolest "real" hunting footage I have ever seen!! Good Job guys!!!

Ordered mine a couple of weeks ago and can't wait to use it. Arrived in just a couple of days and they are extremely easy folks to deal with. I was even planning on wearing some khaki pants to look more convincing. Another thought I had was to use a montana doe decoy attached to my bow to really get the bucks excited during the rut.

Awesome clip guys. I can't imagine the amount of time it takes editors to take the hours and hours of footage of every hunt and make it into the final product.

I for one am anxiously awaiting footage of the OYOA KS whitetail extravaganza last December. ;)

must be the cameraman talent...Loren and I spend 290 days in intensive stealth classes in the off season prepping for OYO...the host and guests should try it. The key was actually to have the guys stay a hundred yards or so in front of us, as IdahoBugler said...workes like a charm...now we just need guys who can shoot a bow:)

Lawnboy...I'll start a Winter thread in a few weeks of photos....all I have taken so far this winter are photos of my wife and I sipping drinks on the beach in Mexico and Loren and I at stealth camp so I'll get on it and report back soon. Hope BigFin doesn't look at his ccard anytime soon because I memorized his numbers for the drinks!

Can you guys believe the flack I have to deal with from these camera guys? Carry their junk up the hill, tell them when the batteries when dead on their audio, remind them of the clips we need to get in each scene, give them my water when they run out, pack extra food and TP for them, then listen to them give me advice about what tactic to employ or where to hunt that day. Then they come out on Hunt Talk blowing and shouting how great they are. Sheez!

Sometimes I feel like Rodney Dangerfield. No respect, no respect at all.

LOL.... Great clip Fin, looks like a lot of fun. I can't wait to watch the new season. Thanks for doing all that you do and sharing it with all of us :)

Nice looking footage, even with the miss, ouch.

I think I am now officially sold on the decoy hat.

A miss is acceptable under the circumstances, the hat is hilarious, but it sure does work. That is what makes Randy and OYOA a "real" hunting show. I am hyped for new season, and Sportsmans lady says they are going HD just about the time OYOA hits the air...

Can you guys believe the flack I have to deal with from these camera guys? Carry their junk up the hill, tell them when the batteries when dead on their audio, remind them of the clips we need to get in each scene, give them my water when they run out, pack extra food and TP for them, then listen to them give me advice about what tactic to employ or where to hunt that day. Then they come out on Hunt Talk blowing and shouting how great they are. Sheez!

Sometimes I feel like Rodney Dangerfield. No respect, no respect at all.

LoL! Prima Donna's...:D

Ouch. Great looking footage and nice to see the BTD outfit in action. I'm not sure I could take the heat for wearing one, if I ever decide to chase speed goats.

Speechless

Wow..........

Great clip. Can't wait to see the rest of the footage.

The miss just shows that you're human. As much as you hunt, there ought to be about one a season :D.

You can draw straws to see who gets to miss.

~ AO

Back