First Bull!

Thanks for all the kudos! It wasn't quite how I scripted it in my head, but I'm tickled chitless nonetheless.

BOY is not an acronym, just what we call eachother. "Hey, BOY there's an elk over there." So, I just call him by that on the forums. He has registered here, but has only posted a few times.

Just some pics from the 'rodeo'... The bull was bedded on the top of the left hill. We snuck up through the timber and took the first shot from the top of the middle hill. Just to the right of the tallest tree.

Here's a bit of an 'interesting' pic. This was after a few shots. You can see the bull in the background (to the right of the end of my barrel). He was pretty sick at that point. Soon as he got out of sight, we bailed off the hill, topped the little ridge he went behind and finished the deed.

And yes, I'm growing pretty fond of Idaho.... ;)

Just an AWESOME BULL! Having been on here for awhile I know you had a blast with your Buddy Boy and I am looking forward to ya'lls next adventure! john

Better quit while your ahead is all I can say! Man! Congrats they have been the one animal I can't seem to take also maybe I will have the same luck someday wasn't this year in Idaho missed mine :(

Nicely done pointer, great looking bull you have there, well earned.

BTW, my buddy Tom hit me with a good one once when I pointed out my less than perfect shot placement on a big whitetail buck I shot...his response: "Tell that dead buck it was a bad shot!".

I've been known to put on a few "shooting clinics", and almost all of them with witnesses.

Nicely done pointer, great looking bull you have there, well earned.

BTW, my buddy Tom hit me with a good one once when I pointed out my less than perfect shot placement on a big whitetail buck I shot...his response: "Tell that dead buck it was a bad shot!".

I've been known to put on a few "shooting clinics", and almost all of them with witnesses.
Isn't that the truth! The one shot drops no one's around to see it, but always someone around to witness BANG...BANG...BANG.....reload.....BANG.

Brymore- That's the plan. BOY helped out on two sheep hunts this year and I don't think that's curbed his desire to be out in sheep country.

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gcporteous
Back