First Bear Pics

Elkhunter

Here are some pictures of the bear on my deck last week before I filled my tag. Any guesses on the weight?

bear01.jpg

bear02.jpg

bear04.jpg

bear07.jpg

For more pictures visit the album below.
http://www.huntandlodge.com/gallery/albun04

Those are great pics.....
it has a nice coat....
the side view of that bear makes it look very big...
Delw

I don't know the first thing about how to measure the size of a bear but I will say 300 pounds.
confused.gif

Still very cool though Bill. I need to move to Idaho that way I can have animals in my yard instead of the neighbors cat or their dog.
wink.gif

You didnt put the one on here that Michele sent me with your hands up surrendering to the bear.. Bob

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1">[ 06-17-2003 09:22: Message edited by: BbarC ]</font>

How much would the guts weigh? I did weight the carcass and the hide and have the weight of the bear minus the guts.

LOL Moosie.....Anyway I could get one was OK with me.
smile.gif

Elkhunter, I'd say Guts on a bear that size would make up at least 35#'s ? HELL, I'm new to this bear thing though... Well, the Weight guesing part
tongue.gif

I've been watching 5 different bear from Saskatchewan on the television and my wife said the BOO BOO bear looked like the Biggest, Judging bears suck for me. But hell, Everyone I meet here in Idaho hunting that has seem at least one bear it was at least a 400# + bear... So MAybe It's me that doesn't know
wink.gif

I'm not sure on the Guts Elkhunter, I'm guesing alot depends on the full Belly or not, I don't eat as much as a bear and I can Fluctuate 5# from Before lunch till after Lunch. I'm guesing a bear in a day can Bounce 10# either way.

All that being said, No worries on the Weight, Wheather it was a 150# or a 225#, It's a Fuggin AWSOME story and ONE I'll be telling other folks for sure !! Either way, You got #1 under your belt, Fire up the BBQ for Next ear and Quit going so far for them
biggrin.gif

SEE.. Thats What I've always Said... Nothing against the Bear Elkhunter cuz I'd of shot it twice without thinking but Everyone that sees a 185# bear will say it's 300+ every time. Even Guys that have killed some. They are BY far the Toughest Animal to score for the Average joe.. Except for a ground hog, But the score on their head and Squaring them are a bit tough
wink.gif

KUDOS on a AWSOME bear once again brother !!! I have been giggleing all week rememberng that story. One for the Books for sure !!!!

Nice pics Bill....
Thanks for helping me get my puter working better so that I could see them....
biggrin.gif

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back