Caribou Gear Tarp

Fin's Elk Hunting E-Guide

Big Fin

Administrator
Staff member
This is our first crack at a new idea, something similar to an E-book, but a shorter version. I get so many questions about public land elk hunting, that we thought we would start a series of guides that would answer some of those questions.

What you see here is the first installment of what we have scheduled to be quarterly installments. Many of our partners will be also be sending this to their mailing list.

The first half of it is an overview of how I find elk on public land. We have laid it in this manner.

1. We start with how to get the tag.
  2. Then, how to find the places to hunt.
  3. Then, I focus on how I find elk in the five days I have to hunt in a new location..
  4. I then try to explain how I use hunting pressure as my ally.
  5. We wrap it up with how to convert an elk to pieces you can haul in your pack.

At the end, you will find where I talk about gear I use and why I use it. Most of these are products I have used long before a TV show. And all of them are supporters of public land hunting.

The price on this is FREE if you use the HT promo code. That HT tells us where you heard about it. Our partners will be given promo codes allowing us to track where the downloads came from. I hope you will all download it and share this download opportunity with your friends.

Here is how it works.

Go to www.RandyNewberg.com. Just under the header photo, you will see this screen that allows you to enter your email and a promo code. Once you hit "download now," you will get a confirmation email that when you respond to it, you will then be asked to reply, which is our cue that you are not a spammer.

After that, you can download this 30+ page document. A sample of what the download process looks like.

E-guide.jpg

Thanks for taking the time to do this. We are working on this as a new idea, so I expect we will have some changes as we go forward with future editions.

Thank you so much for what you do for us, here at hunttalk. For you to share your knowledge of public land hunting and share tips, and answer questions is one major reason I joined this forum. I'm an easterner with a little bit of Western experience, so any help I can get is very much appreciated! As a partial "newbie", it can be a very intimidating to plan any western hunting trip (possibly by yourself), so having tools like this, gives me more confidence to experience what hunting life has to offer. I will be looking forward to reading future guides and learning more and more. Once again.... thanks for all you do!

PEAX Trekking Poles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tinhunter
Back