Finally had nice enough weather to visit ...

steve sutton

the Ferruginous Hawk one more time before they fledged this past weekend..

Working on the rest of the pictures but thought this one was neat.....

The youngest of the three in a defense posture with his nictiating membrane, (third eyelid), completely shut to protect his eyeball in the fight he's sure is coming.....

combatready.jpg

More later....

Steve

I thought this was a painting or photoshop at first!! Awesome photo!

That is .... WOW!
Was it perched on a fence line or? Appears raised from the backdrop. WOW!

It's one of two on a windmill platform....

the first post of them as hatchlings with a shot of the windmill is on the photo page.....

When I took the first set of pictures they were little and I could sit on the platform and use both hands on the camera......

A month later and the oldest one was already off the nest, although still close by and the two that remained in the nest weren't about to let me onto the platform without a fight, or at least a hearty defense.....that left me with the only option being to hold onto the tower with one hand and the camera with the other.....I got alot of really crooked shots but thats what PS is for......

At least on this trip the parents weren't as aggressive in their defense so all I had to worry about was not scaring the two on the platform off or falling......

Steve

That is an absolutely crazy cool photo. Is that a drop of drool hanging from his lower beak? That is just awesome.

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnbighunter
Back