Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Final pronghorn for 2011

BuzzH

My wife Pat and I spent a lot of time this year looking over I dont know how many pronghorns. We both passed on countless good bucks.

The last day we planned on hunting Pat stalked and passed at least a dozen bucks. About 3 pm yesterday we spotted one that Pat finally wanted to shoot. We looked him over in the spotting scope and even though he's far from the biggest, he has more character than any antelope we've shot. I've looked over a "few" dead pronghorn and I always check to see if they're over 4 years old. I was not surprised this one was over 4, but was shocked at how much the teeth were worn down. Judging by the tooth wear, I've no problems saying this one is 8+ years old, and if comparing to a whitetail jaw is similar, I'd say 10-12 years old. His lower jaw bone has teeth that are down to the gum line. One tough antelope to survive that many harsh WY winters.

A couple pics:

IMG_4572.JPG

Another look:

IMG_4560.JPG

I'd say 10-12 years old. His lower jaw bone has teeth that are down to the gum line. One tough antelope to survive that many harsh WY winters.

Well, ya gotta have soup stock for the winter. Congrats to Pat! John

Awesome always cool to outsmart an old boy like that, he has probably seen every trick in the book and you guys got it done.

For him to live through the winter of 2007-2008, and then last winter, shows that old boy was either tough as hell, or knew where the good livin' was. Or, maybe both. Congrats to Pat.

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JRP325
Back