Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Federal 215m match

Muleyfanatic

Looking for some federal 215m match primers. Would like to get 1000 of same lot (brick). If anyone has some leads or any bricks they wanna part with let me know. I've looked everywhere online and local for the past couple months to no avail. I know there are other primers but would like to stick with these.
Thanks

215's of either flavor are tough to find. I use the "regular" ones and am good for awhile. Good luck. mtmuley

there is some on Gun brokers.com right now if you don't mind going broke buying them

Don't use the GM's but how much? I'm in Montana, maybe no shipping required. mtmuley

Found a couple bricks of 215's in a local store yesterday; so I should be good for a long time. I have basically given up on 215m. I spoke to a federal rep this week at a sportsmans show and he stated that they did not have a separate production line for primers. The primers that they sell are the ones left over after they produce their ammo; with their increase in production of loaded rifle cartridges primers are becoming less and less available. I had been watching the 215m on gunbroker and they just got rediculously priced. In April I have a new long range rifle coming and will use the 215's in it. I haven't really noticed a difference between the 215 and 215m only difference being what is between my ears!

Found a couple bricks of 215's in a local store yesterday; so I should be good for a long time. I have basically given up on 215m. I spoke to a federal rep this week at a sportsmans show and he stated that they did not have a separate production line for primers. The primers that they sell are the ones left over after they produce their ammo; with their increase in production of loaded rifle cartridges primers are becoming less and less available. I had been watching the 215m on gunbroker and they just got rediculously priced. In April I have a new long range rifle coming and will use the 215's in it. I haven't really noticed a difference between the 215 and 215m only difference being what is between my ears!
I've used both in identical loads and saw no difference. I've been buying 215's whenever I find them for a long time. Luckily I don't need any primers right now. I refuse to pay the gouger prices. mtmuley

The only difference between the 215 and the 215M is a visual inspection step before packaging.

I'm sure all of their primers are visually inspected before final packaging. The main difference is that the "M" primers are produced by the most experienced people at the factory, supposedly because they can do it better. Not sure how true any of the speculation is, but they are hard to find. Maybe the "best workers" retired.

The most frequent rumor is that Federal primers are in such high demand for their loaded factory ammo at this point in time there is very few available for the reloading market.

is there anymore left where you found yours?? Would you be willing to go get me some and ship? I will of course pay you something for your time and trouble. I can not find any 215 primers anywhere and I desperately need to reload.

There was not. I will keep an eye out for though. The store I had found them was actually a Gander Mountain.

Back