Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Favorite to play the guitar

I bet I have listened to thousands of hours of Pumpkins, great band. I think the real guitar lifting in that group is from James Iha (who is awesome). Billy Corgan is a good writer but mainly a power chord player in my opinions.
Uh uh. Corgan was the lead guitar. Iha was the rhythm guitarist - he is a good guitarist but all that shredding and the writing was all Corgan. He was/is easily the best guitarist of the 90s rockers.

Uh uh. Corgan was the lead guitar. Iha was the rhythm guitarist - he is a good guitarist but all that shredding and the writing was all Corgan. He was/is easily the best guitarist of the 90s rockers.

Are you serious?! My mind is blown.

I feel like a dope here, but I just didn’t think it was possible for BC to write, sing AND play lead for that group. That is unreal.

The title doesn't say what guitar....I'm going bass list! LOL!

Paul McCartney
Flea
Allen Woody
Geddy Lee
Les Claypool
Jack Bruce
John Entwistle
Roger Glover
Oteil Burbridge
Mike Gordon
This one has guitar, bass, and percussion covered.

The title doesn't say what guitar....I'm going bass list! LOL!

Paul McCartney
Flea
Allen Woody
Geddy Lee
Les Claypool
Jack Bruce
John Entwistle
Roger Glover
Oteil Burbridge
Mike Gordon
Entwistle one of the best, just stayed in the back and played like crazy while everyone else was doing stage stuff along with their playing

Several years back my wife drug me to a Kenny Chesney Concert. This guy opened for him. I remember thinking man that guy can play the guitar. Skip to his solo that starts at about 4 minutes and really gets going a minute or so after.

In no order.

EVH
Nugent
Satriani
Gilmour
Iommi
Rhoads
Knopfler
BB King
Clapton
Billy Gibbons
SRV

Always liked Geezer Butler as a bassist.
That's how I know you and I are of similar vintage, and listen mostly to the classic rock statons, Dave.
I know of all the guys on your list. 🙂

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elkslayer38
Back