MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Favorite style/type of fishing and favorite place to do it ?

1. Live bunker fishing for migrating cow bass
2. The rush of heading 100 plus miles offshore and getting crushed by a wolfpack of bigeyes at falselight.
3. Bobber fishing with a 5 year old for panfish

Many “favorites”

Shooting a limit of bullfrogs with a .22 rifle. Leopard frogs added as bycatch with a S&W .22 pistol. Big ‘ol frog leg fry.

WY stream fishing for goldens

Surf fishing on the gulf for blues

WI Ice fishing in 60 degree sunny day in April. Lawn chair, TV, and some beer. Ice out just a week away.

Drive out on the frozen lake and pull up some perch while sipping crown

Remote lakes in Sask, ON, and Manitoba for walleye, smallies, or pike with no human sights or sounds for days on end

Overstocked IA crappie ponds when you catch a fish every cast at sunset

Miss. river hot summer nights MO and IL with stinkbait for channel cats, campfire and beer

Top water lures for large-and smallmouths in the BWCA in September

Ash river MN for walleyes at dawn

Popcan fishing pole and cast for trout on backpacking trips in the northern Appalachians.

Taking my kid out in the canoe for bluegills once it warms up!

Trot lines are kinda boring but they can be very efficient.

Had a lot of fun bow fishing with some good buddies a few years ago for carp.

Every eddy and slough will have pike for sure, been a lot of restrictions on Salmon the last years. You should be able to find char and Grayling if your near any of the tributaries. Good fortune on your venture.
Where is your cabin up there?

Definitely dry flies on small streams or ice fishing lakes in North Dakota.

When I was a kid Circle was, as I recall, the end of the road. It was the farthest north you could drive on the North American Continent.
Enjoy your adventure, look forward to seeing your reports.

When I was a kid Circle was, as I recall, the end of the road. It was the farthest north you could drive on the North American Continent.
Enjoy your adventure, look forward to seeing your reports.

I wish the Demster Highway had never been built. But it was finally completed in the latter part of 2017, with the help of ferries and ice bridges, one can now drive to the Arctic ocean in Canada. But it is a tough 500 mile drive/ferry or ice bridge journey and if attempting to do so one should have a good truck, preferably with a camper on it, extra tires/spares and a bible, as you will pray often. The word "highway" is used very loosely

Speaking of fish and fishing : When a young Inuit girl catches her first fish she is encouraged to drop the fish inside her Parka . This will ensure that she will have a problem free delivery of her first child.

When I was stationed at the Naval hospital in Philadelphia they use to take van loads of us to Jersey for deep sea fishing charters. But, my dumbass was more concerned with partying and I never went on a trip. Now that I'm the old, kinder gentler Cush, I kick myself in the ass for not going. I would love to go on a deep sea trip.

When I was stationed at the Naval hospital in Philadelphia they use to take van loads of us to Jersey for deep sea fishing charters. But, my dumbass was more concerned with partying and I never went on a trip. Now that I'm the old, kinder gentler Cush, I kick myself in the ass for not going. I would love to go on a deep sea trip.
You missed out on some good eating Bass/Blackfish/Fluke & Blues

I like this style:

IMG950965.jpg

2018082395163514.jpg

IMG_1222.JPG

Just something good about a fish you have to shoot before you bring it in the boat, lift with a crane for a picture, then smile every time a filet hits the grill...

08051716511.jpg

Cant wait to go again late this summer...

I like this style:

IMG950965.jpg

2018082395163514.jpg

IMG_1222.JPG

Just something good about a fish you have to shoot before you bring it in the boat, lift with a crane for a picture, then smile every time a filet hits the grill...

08051716511.jpg

If you flew, how many lbs you bring home? Cost if you remember? Gotta love meat fishing. Fresh halibut is over $20lb back east.

If you flew, how many lbs you bring home? Cost if you remember? Gotta love meat fishing. Fresh halibut is over $20lb back east.

We have been going the last 10 years or so, missed last year due to sheep tag...always fish 3 days.

The least I've brought back is 100 pounds (2 boxes), most is 3 (150lbs).

I fly Alaska air have their credit card so get first box free (50 lbs), then $30 for second, $40 for third...so 150/lbs of filets for $70.

I just know that one of these days, we're going to go on a 3 day run with all 100+lb halibut and its going to be 4 boxes...uptown problems.

I like this style:

IMG950965.jpg

2018082395163514.jpg

IMG_1222.JPG

08051716511.jpg

That's what I'm talking about! I could do that all year long! Well, once in a while, anyway... Where do you fish out of? We've gone out of Homer once and Anchor Point once. Charter prices are getting a bit hard to swallow. If I get up there more I have a friend in Anchorage with family on the Kenai that does a LOT of fishing. Bringing home a bunch of salmon would be great. Halibut I'd have to pay for, I guess.

Caribou Gear

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back