Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Favorite Seasonings

Flatlander3

I'm looking to expand my seasoning variety beyong season salt, montreal steak, SPG (Salt, pepper, garlic powder), etc. What's everyones favorites? Steak, burgers, wild game, fish, etc.

Garlic and onion powder, paprika, chili powder (good stuff, not the generic store bought crap) and Italian seasoning usually get me the most of what I want. I also have oregano, basil and chili flakes for extra stuff. Also have a giant bag of dill for homemade pickles. Cinnamon was surprisingly good on ribs, but just a scosch. I have cumin but I hate it.

Celery salt is good on tenderloin or some stews.

I try not to get the pre mixed seasonings like Dan-O’s or whatever else. Gives me a chance to be creative, and I can control the salt level.

Following though, would like to add to the mix.

Ancho Chile powder

Flatiron pepper co chile flakes - lots of variety

Make good use of the fresh stuff: garlic, shallots, butter, green onion in marinades

Chipotle tobasco - great addition to oil and soy sauce based marinades

As always, whether it’s a marinade or dry seasoning do it 12-24 hours in advance

I grow shallots so I'm biased, but aside from fresh shallots, get some shallot salt or powder. If you have a freeze drier try some that way too. I do like and use a bunch of Johnny's seasoning salt and Montreal Steak seasoning (boring, I know).

Durkee steak dust is very tasty on steaks, burgers, and especially wild game. I’ve been using Kent Rollins original seasoning for fish. It’s really good for frying fish. Just mix with plain corn meal, fry it up and enjoy. If you like bbq then order you some Strawberry Bbq seasoning it’s great on anything on the grill.

Cavenders Greek seasoning, smokehouse maple seasoning, Dutch country farm dust if you can find it, are a few that I use along with good old salt/pepper and garlic

2nd the Cavender's Greek Seasoning. Great stuff!

LmpwZw

I was gifted a bottle of "special shit" seasoning as a funny gag gift but the joke was on my mother in law because it is one of the best seasonings i have ever used. Anytime i cook pork on the traeger i season with this stuff. Everyone that has it is always looking for order information off the bottle.

Reynold’s Spice Rubs are fantastic!

Flatiron PepperCo Hatch Valley Green is a replacement for red pepper flakes that is SO flavorful!

I make my own now.
Smoked sea salt
smoked guajillo chile powder
Santa Maria style rub- smoked sea salt( red oak smoke), dried onion, dried garlic and cracked black peppercorns.
Smoked sea salt and dried spicy chiles too, jalapeno and serrano.

Lemon pepper! On fish and pork… Roasted Garlic and herb. Pork and veggies.
Steak and Chops. McCormicks burgers and such.
Montreal steak on beef.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elkslayer38
Back