Save $100 on the Leupold VX-3HD

Favorite coffee while backpack hunting

I do like dark timber's support of conservation and being a small company. Has anybody tried their instant coffee the vapor packs? Via might be cheaper but I would rather support dark timber then starbucks.

Although I'm not the biggest fan of Starbucks, i will say their Via's instant is pretty good and too easy. depending on the hunt, I'll either take those or I'll bring a French press, which is my favorite way of making coffee.

I typically use Starbucks Vias when hunting or backpacking. Got fond of Nescafé Classico instant coffee packets while living in a tent in Jordan for a month. Pretty much only coffee that was available unless I went to a coffee shop. Tried the Trader Joe’s instant coffee packets with sugar and cream on a hunt 3 years ago. Didn’t really care for them. I’ve seen a few on this thread I’m going to try, but it’s hard to beat the Vias despite being so expensive.

French press mug and Montana Coffee Traders coffee. I'm a bit of a coffee snob, need the good stuff in the morning.

Needs to be hot with plenty of caffeine. Other than that I’m not picky. I’ve drank some gut wrenching coffee on hunts.

Not much experience. I tried Via and liked it. Tougher to find locally anymore, so I will have to check out some of the other recommendations.

The Jetboil French press breaks down and fits nicely inside the cup or any other 700ml cup. I grind my own so I guess I'm in the coffee snob class. Via always reminded me of my grandmothers instant Sanka.

At the truck I’ve got a hand grinder and a Stanley French press. Which is the best French press design I’ve ever seen. It has an inner vessel to protect the brew from stray grounds. I use it at the office every day too. I’ll grind and brew fresh coffee and maybe even throw some cream in it. Luxurious.

But in the backcountry I’ll bring Vias or Coffee Instant Type II

Black Rifle Coffee makes good instant coffee in little packets like Via. It’s better than the Starbucks via and 100x better than Folgers Instant coffee

A half packet of Swiss Miss per cup of Folger's instant packet worked for me for many years on backpack style hunts.

In my later years of Mt Goat & Blacktail hunts we just started packing up some good ground coffee, some filters and a cone … either a one cup cone or regular cone .. dripping it directly into each cup (or sometimes packing up a thermos).

Folgers makes the little single serve crystals that I prefer over the Starbucks instant. 3 pouches to 16-18 oz. of water tastes pretty garsh darn good. Plus a 7 pack is 0.98 at wally world.

curious how many of you have tried iced brew coffee

I made a batch and had to dilute per shot because there's a very measurable increase with my hear rate on the first try.

[video=youtube_share;An6LvWQuj_8]https://youtu.be/An6LvWQuj_8[/video]

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back