Caribou Gear

Fatal grizzly encounter

Of course if you told me I had one day to find and shoot a grizzly bear in Montana, I’d be going to a place east of that line.
I would almost be money that I could get one this time of year, within a day, 38.3 miles from where I'm sitting right now. Would be exited to have a chance, but it's not looking good.

I would almost be money that I could get one this time of year, within a day, 38.3 miles from where I'm sitting right now. Would be exited to have a chance, but it's not looking good.
I’d love to have a shot at it. If you gave me a day on the easternmost face of those big mountains on the map I’d be feeling pretty confident too.

Nothing to see here.

The internet is full of truthful matter that never gets questioned, such as this nougat:

As it happens, sharks have been the focus of a bit of political controversy when it comes to the slave trade. Five years ago Congress passed a resolution commemorating the two hundredth anniversary of the trade’s abolition. On the floor of the House, Representative Donald M. Payne of New Jersey said the following:

The transatlantic slave trade is known as the largest forced migration in the history of the world. Estimates range from 25 to 50 million Africans were forcibly brought to the United States, the Caribbean, Central and South America and to Europe. Sharks[‘] migratory patters were changed because these predators followed the ships in the Middle Passage because when a slave died they were thrown overboard, or if they were killed because they were protesting of if they committed suicide, the sharks knew that they could follow the ships, and it changed the migratory patterns of sharks during this period of time.

The internet is full of truthful matter that never gets questioned, such as this nougat:

As it happens, sharks have been the focus of a bit of political controversy when it comes to the slave trade. Five years ago Congress passed a resolution commemorating the two hundredth anniversary of the trade’s abolition. On the floor of the House, Representative Donald M. Payne of New Jersey said the following:

Here's an interesting bit about an old political satire writing about sharks and the slave trade...

A petition of the sharks of Africa.

Seems sharks did follow slave ships and eat the dead bodies thrown overboard, although it wasn't infrequent that bodies were thrown overboard from other ships as well.

As for changing the whole migration patterns of a species, probably not, but according to experts, sharks can definitely be trained onto a food source, and absolutely did feed on human bodies thrown overboard from ships.

No clue. I’m not a biologist. I’m sure they’ll handle things appropriately. Good thing about it, is that each year they can always re-adjust.
I don't see many biologists testifying when groups sue using Federal money to slow any efforts to delist anything even when the population targets are exceeded by over 100%. There are no tripwires for delisting that launch population reduction at a certain population. Counts are argued over. Once counts are no longer debatable as to exceeding population targets then the arguments begin that the overall population is really separate populations rather than a single population. Court actions to protect recovered populations of predators is one way to reduce prey populations thus hunting opportunities thus the attractiveness of hunting and the profitability of ranching.

That is not Montana, that is Western North Dakota. :)
Unfortunately this is all that’s left of Montana. Very few trees, very few liberals, very, very few wolves, and not a grizzly been seen, however I hear the Canadian wild hogs are threatening to invade!!

Unfortunately this is all that’s left of Montana. Very few trees, very few liberals, very, very few wolves, and not a grizzly been seen, however I hear the Canadian wild hogs are threatening to invade!!
Cattle Ranchers Utopia? No bison either to eat grass that could feed beef.

The post I was talking about with the 28 grizz. I have not seen that many in one outing but I have seen 14 in a single weekend outing.

The post I was talking about with the 28 grizz. I have not seen that many in one outing but I have seen 14 in a single weekend outing.

At work one day I counted 33 grizzly/brown bears ... from one spot ... at one time. All within 200 yards.

Back