Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Family Elk (Big Game)Tradition

I confused '06 and '05.

2006 Both Dad and I had deer tags. I killed on opening day and Dad was hunting with the outfitter and shot a buck. The outfitter's horse spooked and dislocated his shoulder. My uncle trotted out 10 miles to the ranch and we used the Topo maps I had printed out to give coordinates to a helicopter rescue for the outfitter. Dad Set up an LZ for the Helicopter, got him stabilized, loaded in the chopper and then ponied back his mule. Didn't take many pictures that year.

dadwyo06 003.jpg

dadwyo06 002.jpg

They found dad's buck the next day or two eaten by a bear. They weren't too fired up about hunting much more that year.

Dad and Cousin in Modoc for Quail

0013.JPG
2000 in the Bob Marshall wilderness
jcm 003.jpg

jcm 004.jpg
They ended up doubling on two mule deer this year. Dad was supposed to back up my uncle if he missed. My uncle said at the moment of the shot he saw a dead buck roll through his scope picture as he pulled the trigger.

jcm 002.jpg
jcm 001.jpg

Thanks for posting this. Amazing hunters who have made a point to get out and do it. Stories like this tell me that hunting and for wusses, no matter what age. I'm gonna be 58 next month and each year someone I know/knew passes or has a health ailment that causes me to ponder when it will be "my turn." A post like this gives me the optimism and commitment that if I don't get too soft, my hunting days may last longer.

These are great images. That you have the background and story of each photo is cool.

Really cool post. I've been fortunate to have some great hunting partners over the years but every few years schedules, kids, tags, jobs, etc. get in the way of being able to hunt together. Cool to see they've had that bond for so long. I've done my fair share of solo hunts but I always enjoy making memories with good friends more. Cool to see these guys still getting after it and love all the blue jeans and cowboy hats, reminds me of some of my dads old hunting albums. Thanks for sharing!

Man, I’d love to flip through your photo albums over a cup of coffee some day! Thanks for posting
It wasn't until I got my first digital camera that we started getting photos of their stuff. It just isn't a priority for THEM. i do cherish the stories, especially when the two of them start playing off each other. Randy @Big Fin has done a good job catching that with Jerry and his Uncle in episodes. So I felt a kinship there and wanted to share it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
winchester 73
Back