PEAX Equipment

Extra Stupid Window Stickers

View attachment 294650
Not a sticker but a sign in my Uncle's shop. No idea where he got it or what it means. mtmuley
It has to do with train box cars and switching them between trains. They uncouple a car or a few and send them rolling through a switch to a different train. It can get pretty harsh. No idea why they call it humping.

It has to do with train box cars and switching them between trains. They uncouple a car or a few and send them rolling through a switch to a different train. It can get pretty harsh. No idea why they call it humping.

So a conductor stands on top of the hump, uncouples the car/cars and the switchman and brakeman are running between switches sorting cars as they free roll down the hill. Most hump yards are automated now though with just a conductor on top and automatic switches.

I didn't get a photo, and it's not a window sticker, but....

Yesterday, in the heart of the Ozarks, we stopped at a little independent convenience store for something to drink. On the wall outside was a huge Coors banner with the now well known brand and the phrase " Live like a Dutton."

So I guess Yellowstone has even infected hillbilly country.

Last edited:
Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
muleydude
Back