Everything but Hunttalk

Like everything in life, there’s always someone that will find something to complain about. I’ve found this forum to be incredibly helpful, informing and friendly. And none more so that during my elk hunt last year when people rallied to give advice and reach out.

I’ve made some friends from this forum, and look forward to hunting with a few this fall.

If you find this place useless except for the policy issues, the problem is likely you. As my dad told me a while back, “only boring people get bored”

Sincerely,

A newish well known member

I’ve met some great people from this site, learned a lot from many people who have been very generous with their time and expertise, and read some really great hunting stories. I count on HT to get the most timely and detailed information during the Legislative sessions, Commission meetings, etc. I’m not sure that would be replaceable if HT went away. I’m always genuinely excited when someone I “know” draws a sweet tag and really love following those hunts, but I’m also less inclined to write mine up anymore. Maybe because it seems like people are more critical than they used to be about how others like to hunt. I don’t know.

The new members who seem to join just to complain about the forum and its members, stir the pot and act like idiots, or ask for honey holes get old. But after getting a brief exposure to the 24Hr Dumpsterfire here a while back, this is clearly still a much nicer place to hang out. 😳
I asked the admin to get off this shit train with no reply. So, I guess until Randy can harvest a mountain goat in under 10 shots or delete me I guess y'all are stuck with me. I'll stick up for the new guys and bash the hater "well-known member"'s.
:unsure:

the network that HT provides brings a lot of different perspectives from from often all over the country. While this may all be a hunting bubble and sphere of influence, there's a a lot of diversity of experience and perspectives.
I believe this best fits my opinion of HT.

Met many great people from HT. Have some humorous beefs with a few. Enjoy the variety of discussions. Dig the, "live hunts". Learned a ton from many.

Initially, hunted and on occasions griped around the campfire w/o a clue of the legitimate "activism" that steps beyond campfires. Sure, write the congressman or attend an FWP meeting that felt like chit was absorbed though, going to the State Capital to share our thoughts to the extent of Zoom opinions shared? Citizens beyond Norm and Cliff??? 🤣 Some great events! Learning of grassroot organizations beyond RMEF?

Initial HT Spring Bear Hunting.

Amazing recipes, great chit chat in money and finance, rip-rolling over football, jokes are great! Fishing Hole - prime time!

Promoting my own sales of items and bumping my wife's amazing creations!

Reality, we can bog down into R v D, Kapershit, Black Lives Matter, and if that happens, we have the power not not gripe about a thread - within the thread. No one twists arms to open a thread, re-open, and re-open again... Grow a set and either debate the topic or move on to a thread one enjoys.
It's great to have a little, "This World Around Us" discussions. Flog the 2a, anti 2a topic, etc...

If it doesn't interest you, there are many threads that may hold your interest. If not... Well, There's always MM or other sites.

It's a collective opportunity to chit chat with much more opinion based respect.

I asked the admin to get off this shit train with no reply. So, I guess until Randy can harvest a mountain goat in under 10 shots or delete me I guess y'all are stuck with me. I'll stick up for the new guys and bash the hater "well-known member"'s.
:unsure:
Sit back, research, read old forums there is more knowledge on this site than needs to be put on the World Wide Web. Or go away you won’t be missed.

Ha...every comment except two and the admin are "well-known member"'s who feel they've earned the right to knockdown everyone for asking a question because they have 20,000 comments contributing zero useful information. If the "well-known member"'s don't have anything useful to contribute to someone asking a question, do us all a favor and don't post!
Welcome to Hunttalk. mtmuley

So you’re saying you’re a know it all that wants to get booted. Got it.
Nope, I don't need to have some "well-known member" tell me to sit back. It's bullshit, I've seen it thread after thread you ****s bashing on newbies asking questions because they drew a tag. They are just here trying to get some beta, but no, you "some kind of stupids" just want to tell them to get a map & a pair of boots. After just a few days I realized what this forum was all about and requested to be deleted. Simple some kind of stupid ... give folks the ability to get off this site!!!

Nope, I don't need to have some "well-known member" tell me to sit back. It's bullshit, I've seen it thread after thread you ****s bashing on newbies asking questions because they drew a tag. They are just here trying to get some beta, but no, you "some kind of stupids" just want to tell them to get a map & a pair of boots. After just a few days I realized what this forum was all about and requested to be deleted. Simple some kind of stupid ... give folks the ability to get off this site!!!
Let’s see some pictures of boots on the ground. Newbies get welcomed here pretty quick. I’m a newbie.

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ak2021
Back