Everything but Hunttalk

Carnage2011

Now that most legislative sessions are over do you see any value in Hunttalk in its current state? During the legislative sessions it brings a lot of value and provides tools for people to know about current bulls/issues and how to contact people. Now that they are pretty much over it’s basically Facebook. Sure, there are a couple random questions about bullets or calibers that have good info, but other than that it feels like there is no “Hunttalk” taking place. Everything that could have decent conversation turns into and R vs D issue and gets derailed. The one nice thing about HT is that there are some quality people on here that have a lot of knowledge. Maybe things will change as hunting season gets closer, or maybe im getting cranky in my 30s!

I see value in it.

It helps me stay up to date and connected to a lot of the issues I care about.

It connects me to people from all across the country that share similar interest as me but have varying views on those issues.

It lets me build relationships with people I would never have that opportunity with otherwise.

It differs greatly from Facebook in my opinion in that the conversation here is generally more educated and respectful. That also usually makes for a more nuanced and informed discussion.

Maybe there are FB groups where things are similar, if so I sure haven’t found them.

I think HuntTalk is different things to different people.

I think it’s interesting you said the caliber/gun discussions have good info, as those are the ones I’ll never read. I feel like I’ve read them 500 times.

I bet other people feel the exact same way about the political discussions that pop up here and there, and those are the ones I find interesting when they stay on point.

In terms of “ utility“, HT has its seems to have seasons. Random things for public comment, policy proposals, etc. will pop up and this is always the place I go to to get the skinny on those things - even if those threads are 90% wastes of time.

Really, I’m hoping folks such as yourself draw some sweet tags in the coming months and autumn brings their hunting stories. This place shines with those, and someone’s great hunting adventure can make up for 100 threads not worth reading.

Until then, it’s mostly chicken fried steak pictures and people arguing over guns and political parties.

Here’s a nice picture of a public land outhouse I used this morning 😂, it’s all I have to offer, so maybe you’re right…

7E5FA077-EC7B-4906-9CD7-60CD21772A1E.jpeg

don't worry the discussions and the positive talking points about wind and solar are are coming soon, oh on your public lands.

I feel like ht is pretty representative of the conversations that would have taken place at a 5 spot league or sportsman’s club 20 years ago before we all cucked ourselves out.
heading to one of those in a few minutes. Its good stuff.

No where near Facebook in my opinion. As mentioned, Hunttalk allows me to connect with others with similar interests and certainly helped me when I first entertained hunting out west. Still tons of useful info and great people.

EMP should be out soon, so there’s the next thing of value.

As for HT, I think people just get cranky at times. By and large, I don’t think the site or content has changed a whole lot over the years.
Any insight in what we have coming, I got a bad feeling about the new EMP.

No where near Facebook in my opinion. As mentioned, Hunttalk allows me to connect with others with similar interests and certainly helped me when I first entertained hunting out west. Still tons of useful info and great people.
Dipshits on FB and HT. You have the ability to control your interaction with asshats on both.

The community here is much closer than FB and the is value (at least for me) in many of the threads. Certainly some of the threads derailing can be annoying, especially if it's a good one. Some folks are always just gonna toss in their identity grenades.

That said, no matter where we are we still have to apply a bit of a filter, or a grain of salt at times. I don't think I could get near the depth of knowledge on many issues elsewhere, the network that HT provides brings a lot of different perspectives from from often all over the country. While this may all be a hunting bubble and sphere of influence, there's a a lot of diversity of experience and perspectives.

....and sometimes you just need a laugh, and there's plenty of that here.

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hotdeals
Back