Everyone point and laugh

I've always joked that I've taken my half ton pickup through a lot of stuff that most people wouldn't take a UTV through, but GOT DAMN.

I kind of like the idea of removing all the liquids and glass and then rolling it down the mountain. Might be cheaper than a heli too.

Reminds me of my last east Sierra hunt.
TM and I went up a fire road to glass a ridge at sunrise in my Tacoma. The young guys in the Dodge turned around and went back down, went down to 395 and back up to Bishop...
They showed up at 1pm.
They ran into a FS guys who said that road had been closed since last year.

I watched a little of that show Expedition Overland on Youtube by the folks from Bozeman, Clay and Rachelle Croft. They've done some pretty inventive recoveries.

This is fairly common in my experiences. I'll see at least two of those idiots every year stuck (or dead) in areas only meant for single track travel. Two of the most memorable, was this Jeep and the Range Rover.
The Jeep slid off a single track and ended up at the bottom of a ravine. The dumbasses came back with a skidsteer and slid it off the side also!🤣. It landed about 50' away from the Jeep, gotta give these idiots an A+ for commitment.
FYI, the closest road is almost a mile away, a winch out recovery was not an option.
The Range Rover was off the side of a single track also. We first spotted a complete exhaust system hanging from an oak tree about 600 yards up the hill, and couldn't figure out how someone had managed to carry it that far from the nearest dirt road. It made sense after getting halfway down the mountain and we found the Range Rover resting against a tree.
The worst one I saw was a Suzuki Sidekick that rolled/tumbled down almost 1500'. All five were killed, one passenger was ejected, the other four rode it to the bottom. It looked like it had been processed by a car crusher for recycling. It was approximately 5cubic feet at its final resting spot. .

The jeep was helicoptered out at a cost of $18k to the owner
139487.jpeg139502.jpeg139481.jpeg139499.jpeg139493.jpeg139478.jpeg

Attachments

• 139505.jpeg
    139505.jpeg
    923.6 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
Caribou Gear

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members