Europe

bobbydean

You know I love your posts. Led a life that I would love to have.

I want pictures. Your rifles and your husband rifles. Your hunts and spouse and kin!!!

I hope you can.

April, still you are my friend and I am jealous of your accomplishments.

Really like pictures of your teens and growing up. Lifestyle, hunting, horseback.

Since I dont know how to do that and I never had a desire to do so, the short answer is no. I did intend to send some to a few via pm when I got home ( if I ever get home, as the trip home has been delayed because of health ) by having my daughter and/or granddaughter help me do so. Plus the pictures are in Arizona and I am in Spain. I also have never needed (felt the need) to show pictures and never have ( not on a computer or when people visited in our home ). It just isn't me, sorry.

I know in todays world people post pictures of their hurt leg, or broken finger nail, or what they ate yesterday and if that makes you happy, no problem, I just came from a different time and place

However, I am aware of at least two fellows on the forum who simply do not want me here. One I do not know personally but his jealously and dislike for me has shown its colors from day one. The other one I do know and he is upset simply because I did not buy a rifle he ask me to buy for him. I have gifted rifles and shotguns in the past and there are two who received such gifts on this forum, although the gifts were before my joining this forum.

Since I dont hunt anymore, struggling a bit health wise, dont own a 6.5 creed , dont have the computer skills needed to do so, and dont even have them with me the answer is no.

But the forum, which has some fine men and women on it, is far more important than one old woman who dont hunt anymore and since I know my presence upsets some ( two for sure ), I can discontinue posting.

Ken, when Friday rolls around, and regardless of the music theme, please post "My Way" by Frank Sinatra for me and I thank you

Good on you,"stick to your guns"and your ethics/upbringing.
Still pulling for you out Az, way. 〽💥

Don’t know u personally, but make a point to read all ur posts, how someone could dislike ur posts is beyond me! U r a wealth of knowledge and history (no offense meant)
I am a firefighter and paramedic n honestly my favorite part of my job is when I transport “older n wiser” patient to the er, just listening to the life and advice is unbelievable and priceless

Firstly, Bobby, it will never happen, I asked her months ago and she gave some reasons why, but reading her post above I'm am slightly confused, apparently she posted on a forum run by Cabelas and received some abuse when she posted some photos, which is of course well out of order, but she says she can't post photos?
Other women on here readily post photos without any issues.
The 2 fellows above she mentioned, I can't be one of them as right from the off she claimed 2 people on this forum didn't want her on here, which I find odd because I have always felt welcome by all.
I might have disagreed with some of her posts but that's what a forum is all about isn't it, discussion?
She has created some interesting threads on here, which have been thought provoking, so why anyone would not want her on here is beyond me.

But I remember a member on here at a very early stage of here membership stating 'photo's or it never happened' which is as we all know a bit tongue-in-cheek, all I did was 'like' he post, well I received an immediate pm from Europe quizzing me I liked it.

So don't expect any photos which is a real pity as she has had some amazing adventures.

Europe, you are wrong if you think I don't want you on here, you are 100% wrong if you think that way, I hope you don't

Cheers

Richard

Last edited:
My father knew April way back before the Cabalas fiasco. Actually he and a couple others ( one from Texas and one from Pa ) went on a trip with her that she sponsored . I know one of them would post for her, in the same manner noharleyyet does now. My father tells me that she is very giving, which at times have created a backlash for her, simply because society in general has become so jaded. He says she is from an era that didn't look for or even expect anything when a neighbor needed help. You just helped

My grandmother is still alive and April's age and the world and the people in it were different in the 1940's, but like JV842 I dearly love listening to my grandmother and she is never on a computer, or showing me pictures, but she is capable of painting a picture through her conversation with me about a time and place in her life that I love, just like I love the posts from April. It is always amazing to me that we younger folks believe that we are the first generation to experience this or that, but in my humble opinion, "they", April, my grandmother, and others their age are not called the greatest generation for no reason. A little bit off subject but my grandmother gave me something to read a while back about what the women did here at home while the men were overseas. They ( the men ) needed rifles, ammo, medicine, tanks, etc and the women learned to weld, run machinery and helped supply the troops with what they needed. I have a lot of respect for the men and women of that generation, and I dont need pictures to appreciate them or what they have done in their lifetime

Since I dont know how to do that and I never had a desire to do so, the short answer is no. I did intend to send some to a few via pm when I got home ( if I ever get home, as the trip home has been delayed because of health ) by having my daughter and/or granddaughter help me do so. Plus the pictures are in Arizona and I am in Spain. I also have never needed (felt the need) to show pictures and never have ( not on a computer or when people visited in our home ). It just isn't me, sorry.

I know in todays world people post pictures of their hurt leg, or broken finger nail, or what they ate yesterday and if that makes you happy, no problem, I just came from a different time and place

However, I am aware of at least two fellows on the forum who simply do not want me here. One I do not know personally but his jealously and dislike for me has shown its colors from day one. The other one I do know and he is upset simply because I did not buy a rifle he ask me to buy for him. I have gifted rifles and shotguns in the past and there are two who received such gifts on this forum, although the gifts were before my joining this forum.

Since I dont hunt anymore, struggling a bit health wise, dont own a 6.5 creed , dont have the computer skills needed to do so, and dont even have them with me the answer is no.

But the forum, which has some fine men and women on it, is far more important than one old woman who dont hunt anymore and since I know my presence upsets some ( two for sure ), I can discontinue posting.

Ken, when Friday rolls around, and regardless of the music theme, please post "My Way" by Frank Sinatra for me and I thank you

Hoping the best on your health and getting better, I enjoy all your posts.

Europe,
I am just an average guy on this forum, but I think I speak for many when I say that I have always enjoyed your posts. You are one of the people that if you post, I generally click on it regardless of the topic. Thank you for all of your contributions and I hope you continue to share you wisdom and experiences!

You know I love your posts. Led a life that I would love to have.

I want pictures. Your rifles and your husband rifles. Your hunts and spouse and kin!!!

I hope you can.

April, still you are my friend and I am jealous of your accomplishments.

Really like pictures of your teens and growing up. Lifestyle, hunting, horseback.

In my mind when Europe posts I conjure up a picture of Reba from Tremors... but obviously with more wine and a fancy double.

1581605672425.png

and to those who don't think you should be here

a meme...

1581606790527.png

While it would certainly be great to see pictures of your adventures, etc - your posts are a fantastic chapter of an enjoyable read. Whereas a picture is worth a thousand words, the choice words used in your posts create the pictures within.

Always enjoy your posts, April. It's a bummer for the past experience. However, a few bad apples does not make a tree worth chopping down. Certainly respect your choice - you've certainly earned it with my limited experience of your shared adventures on Hunt Talk.

Illegitimi non carborundum

April.....you're friggin awesome!!! ;)
Yeah, I have to admit, not many women at ALL let alone one as "seasoned" as Europe can say they were a former drag racer! I also pretty much click on any post made just to see her comment. Very interesting to hear someone else give their perspective on modern things as well as reminiscing about the good old days gone by.

Europe - please say involved on this forum - your perspective and experience adds a wonderfully unique flavor to this somewhat cliched hunting forum. As for “the two”, maybe BigFin needs to give them the same treatment he gave the “secret sub-forum” of Moosie’s day. You stay - they go - a trade I am happy to support.

Seems odd to ask someone to buy a rifle for you, let alone get upset when someone refuses. I haven't been here all that long but do enjoy your posts, you have a lot of knowledge on things I haven't experienced.

With the gamut of people on the internet I sympathize with anyone who doesn't want to post pictures. If I had children/ grandchildren later on I for sure wouldn't post pictures of them on a public forum, and would only post pictures that included the girlfriend if she was comfortable with it.

I agree with all the above ^
I enjoy your comments, your opinions, your perspective and your knowledge.

PEAX Trekking Poles

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Killcarp2
Back