Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Episode Five - New Mexico Pronghorn

Big Fin

Administrator
Staff member
Last year I went on the most challenging New Mexico pronghorn hunt I've ever had. Drought, assignment to a very marginal ranch, and a lot of washed out roads made this one a big challenge.

Was still a ton of fun. If you want to read the day-by-day thread of this hunt, it is at this link below.

http://onyourownadventures.com/hunttalk/showthread.php?t=256499

Hope you can tune in. Air times (Mountain Time) on Sportsman Channel are:

Thursday - 7:30 PM and 10:30PM
Friday - 11:30AM
Monday - 7:00AM

freshtracks-pronghorn.jpg

Well, after reading the live hunt thread, I learned something. I had no idea you could call the game warden and try to get put on another ranch. My wife and I drew our first antelop tags last year in unit 31. 100k acres and 4 tags. I looked at every single water tank on the ranch and saw one set of antelope tracks. Lots of deer and a couple of nice bucks...ZERO antelope.

When you got up to that buck after you shot him he was a lot better than I thought he was. It's hard to believe that big ranch didn't hold a lot more animals that it did because the habitat looked pretty good.

Randy,

Post up a couple pics and give folks a chance to score yer goat. Might be good practice going into hunting season...

Watching last night's episode gave me a to hunt pronghorn. No tags this year but maybe next year. The fact that there were fewer animals made for a more entertaining episode to watch IMHO. Sharp contrast to the Arizona pronghorn hunt earlier this season. Keep up the good work Randy.

Just had a chance to watch the episode off the DVR. Looked like a fun hunt to me! Hard work and determination seems to always pay off.

Looked like a challenging hunt, nothing wrong with that, makes it more memorable in the end, successful or not, congrats on the great looking buck!
Matt

Stupid Sportsman channel and my Cox box are having issues. Set to tape the Tuesday showing, but I have already "seen" the show by reading the HuntTalk thread.

Randy, the timing of that show airing could not have been better. Thanks for giving me perspective going onto my Nevada Hunt later this month.

Caribou Gear

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cap'n Will
Back