Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Episode #5 - New Mexico Archery Elk

just watched it last night...great show and some incredible camera work. That close up footage of the bull was awesome!

Randy, I have been watching your TV show for about the last year and just recently joined the OYOA site. I really like the way you hunt as that is the way I also bowhunt here in central Montana, and across this great state. I just watched your show where you shot your AZ elk at two yards and enjoyed it greatly. I routinely hunt mule deer, antelope, and occasionally whitetail and elk in the same manner and in similar habitat. One thing I noticed though that I thought might help you out on that kind of spot and stalk is: Like you, I love my Kenetrek boots. But once I am within 50-100 yards of the animal I'm hunting, I remove my boots and pull on a spare pair of heavy wool socks (and tuck my pant legs into the top of the socks also) that I carry in my Badlands pack. Then I move forward for my shot. Having on the two pairs of socks forces you to go very slow so you don't step on jagged rocks, sticks, prickly pears, etc..., and is extremely quiet! I hope this helps in the future. Keep up the great work and stay true to OYOA/DIY! ~THWAK1

Congrats on a great bull. What I enjoyed even more then that great bull (no offense), was the fact that you could have stayed in the big timber, yet you decide to try the unconventional. It may have been more difficult, however, it paid in the end.

good luck to all
the dog

NM Hunt

What a great episode, your show is the best hands down!! On your own, overcoming tough conditions and being rewarded with a tremendous trophy. The ethics you demonstrate in choosing the shot and getting the meat home is number one in my book, the trophy is just the icing on the cake, thanks for sharing with us.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sept7872
Back