PEAX Equipment

End of a long season

Bambi and Mark, it was a .308 150 federal fusion going 2600-2650. After taking the bear apart I think the first shot was lung/liver, second was a bad body shot, and the third shot took out the heart. I found the first bullet and it looked pretty good. Really he was dead within twenty seconds of the first shot, so I don't have any reservations about sticking with it for now.

Sytes- I'll get some sausage made, then do the rest burger and roasts. Pot roast, corned bear and cabbage, tacos, and sloppy joes for me all year.

Pagosa- generally speaking I think the fall ones taste better, but they're hit or miss anytime of year. They're incredibly fat this time of year though. One tag per year in MT.

I love the story and the pictures...especially the forensic picture of the different shots. Looks like a great bear and adventure.

Way to stick with it.Thats a great bear,congrats.Cool story,especially the post-shot play-by-play.Shoot 'till they drop.

Nice story and a great looking bear! Sorry to hear about your sore mangina but I imagine killing a bear like that makes everything better.

Awesome bruin and story! Congrats on all your hard work!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JRP325
Back