Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Elk Veterans

bonecollector10

Well as the title mentions im seeking some veteran knowledge. When I first started hunting I was pouring my entire pay cheques into anything hunting related, so my mom suggest I start a separate account for this lone hobby which has now consumed my life.

Im now 23 and the time has come to go elk hunting. I've been on a three year streak (knock on wood) with bull elk harvests in my home province and will continue to hunt elk in Alberta. However the longing for a true elk adventure has caught up to me. My question to you guys down south is what state or area would you recommend is the best for elk. Of course Id want a huge one but size doesn't always matter ;). I would much rather shoot a 300" on my 8th day in the middle of the mountains then a 400" driving down the road.

Anything you can tell me regarding outfitters, guides, good and bad, pictures of your harvests, prices for tags or fees. Ive never hunted anywhere but Alberta so this would be all new to me. What I would truly enjoy is being packed in on horses sleeping in tents archery hunt during the rut. Your insight is always appreciated.

God bless

Back