Elk repellant

mtmuley

Damn things are hammering my trees. Any known repellants like the deer stuff? Maybe I need my own shoulder season. Thanks, mtmuley

Have the woven wire fence around them. Works for deer, elk not so much. I'm thinking shoulder season is the only answer. mtmuley

Mountain lion urine sprinkled around works. I've heard of ranchers doing this to keep animals on or off their property.

Blood meal works with deer on flowers. Not sure if it would have the same effect on elk and trees???

Wolves might work cause I don't have a pitbull. Sss an option. But shoot , cut and wrap, then freeze maybe? mtmuley

If you can put an electric fence around them go to the Gallagher Electric Fence site and look up their double game fence layout. Been using the double electric fence method for about 10 years and the only time I had a problem was when I unplugged the SOB and forgot to plug it back in. I have a tree belt with 250 plus trees/bushes.

I and wife had tried about everything from old tales to every web gimmick there was before that and still got hammered.

If you have any questions - just holler - been there, done that.

Not sure if you are serious or not, but there is some commercially available stuff out that really works on deer. You spray it on and they hate the taste. Try your local NRCS office.

If you weren't serious, then I apologize for giving a serious answer and you should just hang your used underwear on said tree.....:)

Thanks guys, it is a serious question. Good to have a little fun with it too. The past two nights the elk have used my place as a feedlot. 60 head or so and they like my yard better than the hay field. mtmuley

That commercial stuff works for a bit. What works better is hanging dryer sheets in your trees to resemble human scent. We have also used dog hair from my brothers lab's brush and tied that into little pouches with women's pantyhose to protect our apple trees.

Shoot, gut, cut, wrap, freeze but wouldn't peeing around the trees work kinda like they said with the mountain lion pee?

Back