Elk Quest - Video

Bokeh

I was fortunate to make two trips to MT this past season to hunt with my sons. My oldest son has been seeking his first bull for three seasons. He went out to college in the Bozone and eventually got himself out in the mountains. The video is his story of starting out from scratch. Like a lot of us, he evolved. At first it was about taking a rifle out and shooting an elk. But along the way he experienced bitter frustration (haven't we all?) and developed a true love and passion for the mountains, the wildlife and the challenge of elk hunting. He matured, learned and developed his skills. I am happy to say that he is a first rate hunting companion now (well, he did fail to get ME on a bull!) and his skills are more than sufficient.

I shot some clips here and there while we hunted. It kinda came together, so I was able to assemble this little video. It's only 3 mins, take a look.

https://vimeo.com/117093239

Also, a big tip of the cap to Big Fin here. This forum is a place of kindred spirits. Randy's message connects, inspires and reassures the common man who is out there doing what we love to do. No doubt you can hear that message reflected in my little video. Plus, I knew we were on the right (fresh) track when we saw Randy at DQ in September. Cheers

Wow wow wow!!!!

Very well done there gentlemen.

I took the liberty to view the bookbinding video too, Dave. Serious skills demonstrated in front of and behind the camera.

You guys did a super job of putting this together, and effectively portrayed what the allure of hunting is to many of us.

Thank you.

Im feeling really lucky to have the opportunity to relive my fall through this video. The best moments are those spent with friends and family. My first elk was made significantly sweeter by being able to share it with my dad. In case the cliffhanger was too much for anyone, we did get the bull.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    212.7 KB · Views: 391
Great video. I think a lot of dudes on here can connect with your message, as many of us started from scratch (youtube, forums, boots on the ground).

Sometimes when I watch a hunting video, I think, those people should put the camera down. Definitely not the case with you guys, looking forward to next years edit!

Very nice camera work and editing on the video. I like the way you did the voice-over. Great job and thanks for sharing.

Back