Caribou Gear Tarp

Elk .... Let's see them!!!

IMG-9018.jpg
Wyoming General 22 - Got into them on the first day of the hunt, bulls bugling every 5 minutes. Ended up having a close call in the morning then moved in on this guy while he was bugling from his bed. My buddy worked the cow girl till he gave me a 30 yd. shot.

Montana General Bull 2022 - Spotted him below me at 150 yards and got to watch him come in to my cow calls. Definately 6pt teritiory next time I'm in that hole!

Awesome year, thankful to have gotten done early to free up some time for some deer hunts.
IMG-5976.jpg

Have a bear tag in WYO?…
Can’t miss those gold rings shining on the Leupold.
Nice bulls… two in a year in two different states. Can I borrow your lucky underpants…….?

Have a bear tag in WYO?…
Can’t miss those gold rings shining on the Leupold.
Nice bulls… two in a year in two different states. Can I borrow your lucky underpants…….?
Yeah, my buddy that went with me had the bear tag. He was carrying my rifle in-case we made it to the opener for elk. The plan was to hunt Friday-Tuesday,but got lucky with the bow on the first day. Pretty awesome experience for never stepping foot in the unit. A lot of guys I talked to were getting into them that weekend. I think the moon phase had them going. Bulls we're bugling all day, it was pretty neat. It deffinately doesn't always go that smoothly, but when it does i'll take it!

2022 public land archery. Played cat and mouse with this bull and his cows for four days before I got the wind I needed to sit right in their feeding area. They came out right on time and he slowly fed in to 50 yards. A cow busted me as I drew, but he didn't react fast enough. After the shot he ran 60 yards and I watched him tip over. It's the first big game animal I've got that had 'jewelry'.

Bugling a few days before I caught up to him:
89048 - 1.JPG

thumbnail_IMG_2433.jpg

15 yr old grandson has killed more cool gnarly antlered bucks and bulls already than I have in a lifetime. It took three generations of haulers to move this elk from high on the mountain through rain, sleet, snow, blowdown firs, and slick mountainside slides putting me on my butt more than once. But what an opening day ... one for the family memory album!

20221022_100046 (1).jpg

15 yr old grandson has killed more cool gnarly antlered bucks and bulls already than I have in a lifetime. It took three generations of haulers to move this elk from high on the mountain through rain, sleet, snow, blowdown firs, and slick mountainside slides putting me on my butt more than once. But what an opening day ... one for the family memory album!

View attachment 246081
That's the red stag genes coming out in the wild elk👀

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
theghostbull
Back