Elk .... Let's see them!!!

This was my first elk and first archery kill. It felt great after clean missing a bull in the 2020 rifle season
IMG_4271.jpeg

I was with my friend on opening day he killed his first bull. It was with some others but I had used up my general tag!IMG_4649.jpeg

Last edited:
Here's the deal. Since the "Let's see them" pronghorn thread is one of the most viewed on this site, and most viewed by lurkers, I am thinking we should do the same with elk and show how many elk guys on this site take.

This thread will be a "sticky thread" and be at the top of the Elk Forum, from here on out. It doesn't matter when you shot it, how you shot it, or if you were just the person helping, this is the thread to post elk pictures. No need to post a long story, just a pic and a few notes about the hunt.

Be as specific or vague as you want, as far as location.

Here goes.

2005 - Missouri River Breaks rifle tag. My son's first elk. Most fun I ever had on an elk hunt. We were joined by my brother, Logdawg.

View attachment 32075

Thanks for doing this. I hope this thread becomes as popular as the pronghorn thread. I know you guys have shot a lot of elk, so post 'em up right here, even if they have previsouly been posted on another thread.
Wyoming bull

Attachments

• 53A0417B-7D71-4911-860B-6A992D5AA174.jpeg
    53A0417B-7D71-4911-860B-6A992D5AA174.jpeg
    3.5 MB · Views: 63
Man I thought I had more pics... But I have 15 archery bulls and 1 rifle bull in my time now. Several were before I packed a digital camera etc. The ones here are some of my favorite elk hunts. My wife's First Bull, her First archery bull, daughters first elk, and a couple of my bulls. The one dink was with my son when he was little and we had hiked a ton, like a sheep hunt and found a bull about 200 yards from the truck...

Attachments

• First Bull.PNG
    First Bull.PNG
    459.2 KB · Views: 58
  • Her Archery.jpg
    Her Archery.jpg
    236.9 KB · Views: 48
  • Emms First.PNG
    Emms First.PNG
    328.3 KB · Views: 48
  • Only Rifle bull ever.JPG
    Only Rifle bull ever.JPG
    183.1 KB · Views: 53
  • Co Bull 1.PNG
    Co Bull 1.PNG
    724.4 KB · Views: 54
Man I thought I had more pics... But I have 15 archery bulls and 1 rifle bull in my time now. Several were before I packed a digital camera etc. The ones here are some of my favorite elk hunts. My wife's First Bull, her First archery bull, daughters first elk, and a couple of my bulls. The one dink was with my son when he was little and we had hiked a ton, like a sheep hunt and found a bull about 200 yards from the truck...
I like the pellet gun over the shoulder 😉

Here's the deal. Since the "Let's see them" pronghorn thread is one of the most viewed on this site, and most viewed by lurkers, I am thinking we should do the same with elk and show how many elk guys on this site take.

This thread will be a "sticky thread" and be at the top of the Elk Forum, from here on out. It doesn't matter when you shot it, how you shot it, or if you were just the person helping, this is the thread to post elk pictures. No need to post a long story, just a pic and a few notes about the hunt.

Be as specific or vague as you want, as far as location.

Here goes.

2005 - Missouri River Breaks rifle tag. My son's first elk. Most fun I ever had on an elk hunt. We were joined by my brother, Logdawg.

View attachment 32075

Thanks for doing this. I hope this thread becomes as popular as the pronghorn thread. I know you guys have shot a lot of elk, so post 'em up right here, even if they have previsouly been posted on another thread.
Hi All,
I don't have one of my own to show, but I have to point you all to this video. I caught it when it first went online and just finished a rewatch. It is a great elk hunting story, and if you are a dad, a very heartwarming tale.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
theghostbull
Back