Elk .... Let's see them!!!

MT General.

As we slowed down on our approach to a herd with 5 legal bulls in it, we stopped and looked around. This bull popped out if nowhere over the ridge and started coming in on a string towards us. In threat of him taking the herd with him, I decided I couldn't pass up a bull a mile from the rig.

Attachments

• 20221026_104839.jpg
    20221026_104839.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 62
My buddies and I finally connected on our first elk. I say 'our' because it was definitely a team effort. Took us four years but we finally got dialed in on our area and everything fell into place. Of course I decided to shoot this guy while he was feeding on the side of a cliff and so we had an adventure getting him out of there.

Attachments

• IMG_2473.jpg
    IMG_2473.jpg
    5.4 MB · Views: 84
My buddies and I finally connected on our first elk. I say 'our' because it was definitely a team effort. Took us four years but we finally got dialed in on our area and everything fell into place. Of course I decided to shoot this guy while he was feeding on the side of a cliff and so we had an adventure getting him out of there.
Great one! Congrats

Congrats!

Montana general archery. First year with a Montana tag in my pocket, and have to say it went a lot better than I hoped it would. I didn't get a great look at this bull before I shot him, but he's a much better bull than I was looking for. Thanks for everything, Montana.

2XSu0fT.jpg

5bL2rX4.jpg

fCye2cf.jpg

p4CMUrP.jpg
Congrats!

You trying to be funny? That's BS. That boy's bull elk is pure wild free roaming, albeit genetic abnormal antler twist very cool wildlife.
I believe you are correct and it's something genetic. I shot this 5x2 bull a few years back. His antlers were not deformed during the velvet period as there was no damage to them at all. He just grew his left side like this. A couple years later I saw a larger bull that had the exact same antler configuration a couple miles away from where I shot my bull.

1671830979171.png

Added these pics as it shows it better.
1672698096477.png

1672698115530.png

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dalton14rocks
Back