Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Elk hunt Idaho

ric

I have some room in my camp this fall, 2014. I am esp. looking for someone with a kid or 2 wanting to go on their first elk hunt, but am open to anyone who might be interested in an Idaho elk hunt this fall. Rifle season, classic wall tent camp. I am not a guide or an outfitter, just a guy with a nice camp, 45 years of elk hunting experience, and my kids are grown up and mostly gone, so my big family elk camp is a bit empty now days. E mail me if you'd like to talk.

You are the man ric! Cool stuff - hope someone deserving and well, deserving takes you up on the nice offer!

Wow, I only have 45 years of experience in life. You have that just in Elk hunting…….awesome. Very generous offer. You will give someone a great opportunity. Good on ya!

This last season my first bull hunt. I live in Emmett Id and hunted the northern half of the west mountains and got the worlds dumbest spike. Pretty happy about it cuz I single handedly upgraded Idaho's herds by removing that ijit from the gene pool. (do you have any idea how to get a powder burn off an elk hide?)
Im 50 but 2014 I am taking my 18 and 19 year old sons out for their first hunts. (their momma wouldnt let me take them before) As well as my NEW wife and sister
Where do you hunt? Maybe we can do this or if nothing else I would sure like ANYTHING you have to say on the subject of elk. I wore out a couple pair of boots last season and got the elk bug pretty bad.
Your offer makes you the type of guy I moved to Idaho to be around.

That's Crazy. You've been hunting elk longer than I have been alive. For you to make that offer to someone, especially someone with kids, shows a great deal of respect and a conservation mind for keeping the traditions and sport of elk hunting alive.

Well played Sir, Well played!

I will buy you a new pair of boots if you spend the summer checking out the 3rd Fork area:D
Most of the areas we have hunted in 32A the past twenty years are now all choked with brush. Why we are thinking of 3rd Fork for this year. Hope to be headed that way for our first look see in mid May (depending on snow up high).

This last season my first bull hunt. I live in Emmett Id and hunted the northern half of the west mountains and got the worlds dumbest spike. Pretty happy about it cuz I single handedly upgraded Idaho's herds by removing that ijit from the gene pool. (do you have any idea how to get a powder burn off an elk hide?)
Im 50 but 2014 I am taking my 18 and 19 year old sons out for their first hunts. (their momma wouldnt let me take them before) As well as my NEW wife and sister
Where do you hunt? Maybe we can do this or if nothing else I would sure like ANYTHING you have to say on the subject of elk. I wore out a couple pair of boots last season and got the elk bug pretty bad.
Your offer makes you the type of guy I moved to Idaho to be around.

Last edited:
Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JRP325
Back