Elk camp

mtlion

Waiting for the MT archery season to open is killing me! I was looking at some pics of our elk camp and figured I would throw some up.

100_11231.jpg

100_11251.jpg

100_11261.jpg

100_11301.jpg

100_11291.jpg

And here's last years slickhead

024-3.jpg

Anyone else want to share some elk camp/bowhunting pics?

Hores, crossbuck saddles, wall tent, archery season, doesn't get any better than that. Congrats on the cow! Great shot also.

Slick head or not, I'm sure she eats well. Good looking camp.

Yep she was delicious. When I saw those big old trophy steaks she was packing I couldn't resist!

Our group took 2 bulls and my cow out of the area. Be hunting the same place this year, can't wait to set camp up.

Make sure you're packing a wolf tag too. I want to see some archery wolves this year!

What everyone said!!! That is a great looking camp and going in on horses is the best. Nice center punch on the cow too---good job and good luck this season!!!

Make sure you're packing a wolf tag too. I want to see some archery wolves this year!

Ben you can be sure I will be packing a wolf tag. I have seen numerous in the area while bowhunting but never in bow range. One day my buddy and I saw 6 wolves and 3 griz in one day. :eek: Oh ya we saw some elk too...

well I don't have any time off to set up elk camp but I'll be single dayin it til the season ends! can't wait ..got out today and saw three bulls together at about 20 yards...needless to say they didn't stick around long..so I got my camera out but all I got was a couple landscape pics

Attachments

• P8020103a.jpg
    P8020103a.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 457
  • P8030105a.jpg
    P8030105a.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 457
well I don't have any time off to set up elk camp but I'll be single dayin it til the season ends! can't wait ..got out today and saw three bulls together at about 20 yards...needless to say they didn't stick around long..so I got my camera out but all I got was a couple landscape pics

Ya we'll have the tent up for the first 2 weeks of archery, but realistically I will probably only get up for the opener and the second weekend. I really envy my buddies who can hunt for two weeks straight.

That's some nice looking country, hope you get your bull!

can't wait to get to Montana myself this year;1st time.Plan to hunt 2 weeks of archery elk there.Then be trying like heck to get back for rifle deer.I'm sure I'll be back in Nov.Unused tags seem to talk to me in my sleep if season is still in,and its only a little over 2000 miles to get there
Liked the pictures;hope some more get posted.Down to 40 days till I head west!!!!!

can't wait to get to Montana myself this year;1st time.Plan to hunt 2 weeks of archery elk there.Then be trying like heck to get back for rifle deer.I'm sure I'll be back in Nov.Unused tags seem to talk to me in my sleep if season is still in,and its only a little over 2000 miles to get there
Liked the pictures;hope some more get posted.Down to 40 days till I head west!!!!!

Good luck to you! Have you hunted elk before? My advice to you is don't overdo it in the first few days. Take it nice and easy and keep it fun. With 2 weeks to hunt you have time on your side and they are out there.

Great advice mtlion. "Fill-the-tag-itis" can dull the adventure of the hunting season. Most big game hunts include only one lethal shot being taken, but as these pages attest, shooting photos is an important part of the adventure.

Sorry. Being an old phart the hunt, to me is the most important part of the adventure. Even if the photo is in your brain.

Great advice mtlion. "Fill-the-tag-itis" can dull the adventure of the hunting season. Most big game hunts include only one lethal shot being taken, but as these pages attest, shooting photos is an important part of the adventure.

Back