Yeti GOBOX Collection

Electric utv

How does the battery function in extreme cold? That would be my primary concern. Also whether charging with a portable generator would be feasible.

I don’t have one but I have used one with friends. The lack of petroleum smell is a benefit but it obviously still has rubber and people to leave some form of scent. Batteries hold up reasonably well depending on usage (hills, speed, etc) and the one we used had a range of about 30 miles. Charging took a while, just like a golf cart.

However, several people I know who owned BB Buggies had nothing but problems with them. Warranties were a nightmare. Bad boy is now owned by another company that purchased arctic cat as well. I considered one for a few years until I saw the issues people had with BB. I know ranger makes one that is electric too.

I have a friend that has two electric golf carts they use for getting around his hunting property. They are great people movers and are extremely quiet but dont have the torque to do much else. Also his property is fairly flat which is good because with four people in a cart, they dont take hills very well.

we have a couple of electric Rangers.. for what its worth i wouldn't suggest anyone buys one.. its silent and all but the maintenance is high to keep corrosion down and the battery life in the winter might as well forget it.

They're a heck of a lot more quiet. I've never owned electric, but I have used them a fair bit (albeit years ago). Not nearly as fast or as much range, etc. etc. It's a tradeoff. As with all things, start with your usage and go from there. I ended up going with a Can Am Maverick Max Turbo, because my kids enjoy it a lot more in its "down time".

we have a couple of electric Rangers.. for what its worth i wouldn't suggest anyone buys one.. its silent and all but the maintenance is high to keep corrosion down and the battery life in the winter might as well forget it.
Thank you, That’s a huge thing to think about and will keep my eye out for. Need lots more research on my end but thought I would start with asking the fellow hunters before diving too much into it. I can’t trust most review videos since they likely get paid for them

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back