easy up 4 season tent compared to mobiflex

redwoood

I currently hunt out of a mobiflex military tent but I'm getting tired of making repairs to the hubs.

I love the easy set up of this tent and would like a tent that I can put up myself that had a stove Jack. I'm looking at the kodiak canvas tents and I like the price but they don't have stove jacks.

Anyone have any experience with this tent or any other recommendations?

I currently hunt out of a mobiflex military tent but I'm getting tired of making repairs to the hubs.

I love the easy set up of this tent and would like a tent that I can put up myself that had a stove Jack. I'm looking at the kodiak canvas tents and I like the price but they don't have stove jacks.

Anyone have any experience with this tent or any other recommendations?

Not trying to be mean but....when I saw mobilflex in the title the first words out of my mouth were "damn hubs"!!! It was my issued tent in the first BN I was assigned to. Great idea but horrible execution. I hunt with buddies out of a GP small now (definitely not a 1 man job) but have seen plenty of guys setup canvas wall tents with internal frames by themselves pretty quickly. Best of luck!!

Jumping Jack trailers look sweet, but you may not want wheels on your tent. Otherwise you could check out Hilleberg's Atlas and Altai models.

I have the Kodiak flex bow, awesome tent and very easy setup. I can set it up by myself in about 20 minutes. It takes longer to stake it than anything else. I plan on using a Mr Heater during cold weather when not sleeping, CO detector in the tent for safety.

Damn hubs is right! I'm about out of spare parts too and people want a fortune for them IF you can find them. Probably going to make repairs one more time and buy an alaknak from cabelas in the future. I'm just not a big fan of wall tents.

Damn hubs is right! I'm about out of spare parts too and people want a fortune for them IF you can find them. Probably going to make repairs one more time and buy an alaknak from cabelas in the future. I'm just not a big fan of wall tents.

I remember having to jerry rig that damn thing all the time when we didn't have parts. Too bad it wasn't engineered better as the concept (and if you could get it to work right ) was great. One of the guys that camps in our camp area has an Alaknak and it is a nice rig. The only issue I have is that he had to burn a LOT more wood to stay warm compared to our GP small with the liner. But, it was easy to put up (still a two man job in my estimation) and had great usable space. He used a potbelly stove like we have. I am a big fan of them for cost, packing and heating ability.

Never used propane for heat in a tent. Not sure I'd feel comfortable with it. I'd be too worried about it to sleep.

You're in a sleeping bag when you sleep, so you don't need the propane going :D Fire up the heater when you wake up and for a while before you go to bed and you're good to go

Back