Early Spring?

ERSS

Spent most of last week in North Dakota and when I got back it was hard to believe I came back to the same place. 4-5 days of warm weather hit eastern Idaho and all the snow was pretty much gone, sunny skies....wow. Had a rare monday off, and decided to take the dog for a walk, look for sheds and see if any fish were biting.

No sheds, but these fattys were more than eager.

Had an audience waiting to see if I was gonna toss a fish their way!

I am sure winter will be back soon, but what a nice break

Attachments

• IMAG1460.jpg
    IMAG1460.jpg
    119.1 KB · Views: 428
  • IMAG1470.jpg
    IMAG1470.jpg
    124.7 KB · Views: 433
Looks like a great day in SE Idaho. Going to be 60 and sunny by the weekend here in CDA according to the weather man.

Down stream from the confluence a bit, between Menan and Roberts. One was pretty tasty tonight!

Wow, 'don't envy the snow and wintry problems of your neighborhood.

Montana valleys are mostly melted off, unseasonably record warm temps, likelihood of rain again in Feb. I completed painting on an exterior siding project on my house last week.
Electronic trackers are reporting grizzly bears stirring already. A robin was sighted in Gallatin Gateway southwest of Bozeman yesterday.

But 'don't plan on storing the snow shovel just yet.

We have a place up near Yellowstone that gets buried every winter, only 40 min away but gets 2-3 times the snow. I wish I could have all the hours back that I have spent shoveling and plowing snow up there.

Attachments

• IMAG1380.jpg
    IMAG1380.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 234
The ice is off on both reservoirs near my house (cabinet gorge and noxon), no snow in the lower elevations either. If we get a few nice days I may drag the boat out and try to pick up some pike and walleye.

Read today that bears are starting to come out in Yellowstone. A good two months early to be sure. Hopefully we'll get some moisture soon. I don't want to breathing smoke all summer.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rifleman270
Back