Early Season Scouting Pics.

elk_hntr

The wife and I spent a few days in the high country looking for elk. We had a great time and were able to have a few close encounters!

- elk_hntr

Attachments

• CIMG2040.jpg
    CIMG2040.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 200
  • CIMG2046.jpg
    CIMG2046.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 189
  • CIMG2006.jpg
    CIMG2006.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 190
  • CIMG2057.jpg
    CIMG2057.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 187
  • CIMG2066.jpg
    CIMG2066.jpg
    103.6 KB · Views: 192
  • CIMG2074.jpg
    CIMG2074.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 190
nice pics EH. question. will getting that close to the yungun cause it to have its mother go away? at times, when you get that close to a fawn WT, the mother will abandon it.

TLC,

Great question. What was funny is about 30 minutes later I ran into this little fellow again (although he didn't know see me!) and I caught him calling soft mews to his mother. In another 15 minutes they were reunited and everything seemed to be back to normal!

EH, good ending then. how close were you able to get to the lil guy? from the pic, seems somewhat close. damn I like the pics on this site.

Dueling elk hunters...NICE! Hey, EH, what are you charging for GPS coords on that elk area? :D

BTW, was that prickly critter pissed...the pic was kind of close and I wonder if he was trying to fling quills...

That is some gorgeous country. Love the porcupine picture, they've got to be one of my favorite animals to watch. Thanks for sharing.

Dueling elk hunters...NICE! Hey, EH, what are you charging for GPS coords on that elk area? :D

BTW, was that prickly critter pissed...the pic was kind of close and I wonder if he was trying to fling quills...

Thank you for stealing my sweet handle BTW...It was pretty funny to watch the porcupine scurry from tree to tree!

EH#2 - Why do you need GPS coords, you've hunted this area many a time in years past!

TLC - We are able to get within about five feet of that little guy, and he hid as if we weren't there, it was some pretty cool stuff for early June!

Great pics, looks like you had a great time. The only thing I would say is be real carefull around the babies. The mothers are extremly protective and in a vicious way.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
240shooter
Back