Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Drunk thought suggestion

No uncomfortable gatherings with the in laws for me. I put a thumping on my piece-of-chit, 30 year old, convicted felon nephew last year when I caught him stealing from me. I'm not invited to any in-law gatherings 🤷‍♂️
That's a win win. 👍

No nephews on that side for me..I'll give it a try on the sister-in-law and report back.🤣

Getting back to time. Here is something I was wondering about. Speed is always expressed as a ratio of distance to time, i.e., the speed of light is 299,792,458 meters per second. But time is not a constant because supposedly it slows down as speed increases. So, what is the speed of light at the speed of light?

If you feel like you won’t be able to survive another infinite conversation with your in-laws, comfort yourself with the fact that you can, that you have, and that you are in fact a superhero god who has done just that many times before and can again.

Don’t believe me? Well, cut the conversation in half this time. Then in half again. Then in half again. And so on. Keep cutting it in half until you get to zero…... cut it an infinite number of times if you wish…..I’ll wait.

So since you now see what’s up and know that infinity goes on forever in all directions, it really doesn’t matter how long they want to prattle on and nitpick your life. You can take it.

Now, back to the whiskey.

My wife’s mom is in her 90’s and the world is a stranger to her. She was a great cook and friend to anyone down on their luck. Her silliness and unsound business habits used to drive me nuts. I miss that now more than I miss her cooking. Time ain’t complicated and I should’ve paid more attention.

If you need some good holiday talking points besides neffas time conundrum, take a look at the “similar thread” list just below. Some of those are really out there and they are 20 years old.

Sorry. Didn’t mean to derail

The nearest Sib is 600 mi away and we talk all the time. She was 4th in line and listened to me...lol.
The rest are spread across the west and somewhere this week.

I'll have the "Holiday" with pics of Grandpa & Grandma, Mom & Dad and Uncle Dave.
And wish we had more time. Try and remember what they said.
There will be no arguments.

Bet I get a call from the ex. At least she gets it.

Getting back to time. Here is something I was wondering about. Speed is always expressed as a ratio of distance to time, i.e., the speed of light is 299,792,458 meters per second. But time is not a constant because supposedly it slows down as speed increases. So, what is the speed of light at the speed of light?
I cant do the math but If time slows as speed increases then you have to factor direction of travel in relation to the earth's rotation and its effect on speed.

If you need some good holiday talking points besides neffas time conundrum, take a look at the “similar thread” list just below. Some of those are really out there and they are 20 years old.

Sorry. Didn’t mean to derail
That was a different forum at a different time.

3rd in line, 3 followed and I was left to fend for myself. They never got it. Anything.
I live in a time capsule. In my own world left behind for 500 years.
Well, 100 at least...but I roam the hinterlands. With Starlink and NM blue.

Just Rio and I with a slice of pie.
Merry Christmas to you and Rio.

Just kinda noticed that there is 73 posts in 21 hours about, I'm not sure. What you all got in your coffee ? Think I'll go built a bonfire n have a shot of whiskey. TVs OK but bonfires better

Here’s another. A buddy and I came up with this most likely drinking, I don’t remember.

How do we know what colors we are actually seeing. There’s no way to describe a color. For example if you learn the colors and I call it red but someone else sees the sane color I know as red as green there would be no way to reconcile it.
And to make this even more interesting, some animals see colors of light on the horizon at dawn and dusk that may help them migrate along traditional migration corridors. We can't see this light in the same way. So we all perceive light differently. Think about that next time an elk is looking at you.

My Christmases aren't so bad. No booze in the house and no herd of relatives or friends to bother cooking for and cleaning up after or listening to them bicker. Just me and the dogs. They never complain. My daughter and grandkids will come over long enough to open presents then we adjorn to their house three blocks away for Christmas dinner. And then it's done for the year. Only hardship of the holidays is putting up the tree. A lot of heartbbreak hangs on it. When my wife and son were alive we had a tradition of putting ornaments in the stockings. Hmmm. Almost forgot Cathy and I were married 35 years ago tomorrow. Wes died twelve years ago yesterday (I never forget that).20221221_113201.jpg

Last edited:
I think @CycleFishHunt got it right(ish), speed is a concept based on an observer. We're technically screaming though the cosmos right now while also rotating at an incredible rate, but we can't tell. You can only feel acceleration, not speed.

My Christmases aren't so bad. No booze in the house and no herd of relatives or friends to bother cooking for and cleaning up after or listening to them bicker. Just me and the dogs. They never complain. My daughter and grandkids will come over long enough to open presents then we adjorn to their house three blocks away for Christmas dinner. And then it's done for the year. Only hardship of the holidays is putting up the tree. A lot of heartbbreak hangs on it. When my wife and son were alive we had a tradition of putting ornaments in the stockings. Hmmm. Almost forgot Cathy and I were married 35 years ago tomorrow. Wes died twelve years ago yesterday (I never forget that).View attachment 256785
I'm sorry @OntarioHunter terrible time of the year to have such heartbreak.

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mthunter137
Back