Drunk thought suggestion

Since time is a social construct, I've decided I'm going to be applying for tags in Wyoming using the 1970 drawing odds and price structure, this year.

All you have to do is go fast enough... I think.

Or per that article, beyond the event horizon of a black hole. Just think, light can't escape it, the pull of gravity is too strong.

Or also in that article, that time is faster in Denver than Seattle...

"time isn't real and that's why capitalism sucks"

says the theoretical physicist who could describe the nuclear physics of the sun in mathematical precision from memory yet has probably never once in her life stepped outside and seen the sun for herself.

Pro tip move 3,000 miles away from your in-laws who don't like to travel, and make sure your wife has a job where she always works Christmas.

Have you ever heard that you're not really a parent until you have two? The theory is that you can still double team the ball without leaving someone wide open and you always know who did "it". I tend to agree with it. Having two is at least 4x harder.

Well, I also buy into the theory that you're not really married unless you live close to your crazy (must be crazy) in-laws, and get to continually witness the future you get to look forward to as your current beautiful, intelligent, and logical bride, slowly morphs into her BScrazy mom.

Have you ever heard that you're not really a parent until you have two? The theory is that you can still double team the ball without leaving someone wide open and you always know who did "it". I tend to agree with it. Having two is at least 4x harder.

As a father of a 6 and 8 year old I can verify this. Although I've heard it doesn't compound with the 3rd you just leave some food out and let the other kids raise it. Sorta like a cat. At least that's my hope with my 3rd due in July.

Instead, he's experimenting with abstract geometric shapes that can describe events without using time.

Arkani-Hamed says that these shapes can't yet replace the idea of time, but he believes that at some point time itself will be supplanted by some other theory of what makes the Universe tick.

"It's unlikely to survive in the fundamental principles of an even deeper understanding of physics," he says.

I will spend a tiny circle debating this with my father-in-law on Saturday night, or maybe a little squiggly line...whatever shape has replaced "0 seconds" in Dr. Hamed's experiment.

I will spend a tiny circle debating this with my father-in-law on Saturday night, or maybe a little squiggly line...whatever shape has replaced "0 seconds" in Dr. Hamed's experiment.
Definitely not for open discussion. This is internal monologue stuff. And I agree with the previous freak, it is probably a better high thought, than a drunk thought, but I can't delve deep into relatively when I'm afraid my legs no longer work.

Never did believe in time. The past is just a memory, and the future never arrives. All that leaves is an ever-changing present.

We are going to have 35 people hanging out together this Christmas, 12 of them children. So, if any deep, thoughtful discussions on physics, politics, religion, philosophy or anything else should happen to break out, you'll find me at the kiddy table.

I call big family gatherings at my in-laws "Surviving N-Word." This thread will def come in handy

I try not delve too into time stuff. Otherwise I'll end up staring at a crushed can thinking about whether or not time is a flat circle.
Flint-the-time-detective GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

Never did believe in time. The past is just a memory, and the future never arrives. All that leaves is an ever-changing present.

We are going to have 35 people hanging out together this Christmas, 12 of them children. So, if any deep, thoughtful discussions on physics, politics, religion, philosophy or anything else should happen to break out, you'll find me at the kiddy table.
The second political talk breaks out I leave the room immediately and start kicking soccer balls at kids heads.

Relax everyone, we're on a big rock traveling at 67,000mph around a ball of flaming gas (109x our size) whist spinning at a rate of 1,037mph. Oh, and another rock that spins around us controls our ocean tides....

If the earth suddenly stopped spinning, we would all die almost instantly by being smashed into whatever is east of us. In my case, I'd be slammed into a wall, if the wall stayed in place.

So yeah, life is a wild ride. I don't think time is all that odd compared to the rest of this shit

I'm torn. I use to enjoy sitting back watching my cousins and their wives fist fight about politics or finances during the Christmas dinner that my aunts worked so hard to put together. My dad and I use to take bets as to who was going to get into a fight with my cousin pats wife this year.

Or listening to the bad mouthing going on about certain family members on my wifes side. Which is fun for me cause they all tell me how much of a Piece of SH%# each other are lol.

The other part of me is so thankful that I'm 1500 miles away now and dont have to entertain any of it.

I do miss having my dad around, and my wife certainly misses her sisters. This life is too short and I feel awful for moving so far away. If it wasent for phones and the face book portal it would be difficult.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
muleydude
Back