Drunk thought suggestion

Irrelevant

We all know the hour of inebriation is almost upon us. While nestled into the uncomfortable seat at the in-laws, drink in hand, trying to tune out your MIL droning on and on about her sister's health, or some new hallmark movie (that's exactly the same at every other one that's ever been created), or even worse... politics. I present you with a topic the truly latch on to, dive deep into, wrestle over, and dwell on. One that will completely consume your whiskey watered down intellect and leave you sublimely distracted from the mildly demoralizing yet necessary situation you find yourself in.

Arkani-Hamed believes the concept of time itself may be behind the discrepancy. In physics equations, time is used to keep track of the sequence of things as events unfold. But he has come to believe that organizing particle collisions according to "when" unnecessarily complicates the mathematics. Instead, he's experimenting with abstract geometric shapes that can describe events without using time.

Arkani-Hamed says that these shapes can't yet replace the idea of time, but he believes that at some point time itself will be supplanted by some other theory of what makes the Universe tick.

"It's unlikely to survive in the fundamental principles of an even deeper understanding of physics," he says.

...or some new hallmark movie (that's exactly the same as every other one that's ever been created)...

1671558676927.png

"After years of sweat, tears, and no small number of lives lost, we are proud to say we are very, very close to developing a second movie plot," said Hallmark's Director of Movie Plot Research, Dr. Professor Herbster Blongweiss to a crowd of middle-aged women wearing sensible sweaters and hairdos from ten years ago. "Once perfected, this second plot will have viewers literally falling in love while holding their hot cocoas and bulk-size bags of cheese puffs."

I hate this time of year. Always have. Someone is always bitching or looking to fight with someone in the family on the holidays. Typically, over something petty. Most of the time I sit in the corner of the room and pretend like I am sleeping while the hens try to establish their pecking order for the 6000'th time...or I take the dogs for a walk out back.

Why people (Who can't get along) gather for the holidays is beyond me.

Here’s another. A buddy and I came up with this most likely drinking, I don’t remember.

How do we know what colors we are actually seeing. There’s no way to describe a color. For example if you learn the colors and I call it red but someone else sees the sane color I know as red as green there would be no way to reconcile it.

Here’s another. A buddy and I came up with this most likely drinking, I don’t remember.

How do we know what colors we are actually seeing. There’s no way to describe a color. For example if you learn the colors and I call it red but someone else sees the sane color I know as red as green there would be no way to reconcile it.
Describe the taste of salt...

Dose everybody with shrooms then present them with this article and ask them how language was invented.
I am relatively certain that somewhere back in the 80's I came upon the same conclusion during a smoke induced haze and attempted to follow through with the calculations needed to prove my theory however was sidetracked by a bag of chips...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Waspocrew
Back