Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Drunk thought suggestion

I think @CycleFishHunt got it right(ish), speed is a concept based on an observer. We're technically screaming though the cosmos right now while also rotating at an incredible rate, but we can't tell. You can only feel acceleration, not speed.

harsh lesson in relativity right there.

prime example, time slows to a near halt around the holidays listening to the drunk ramblings of in laws.

giphy.gif

I think @CycleFishHunt got it right(ish), speed is a concept based on an observer. We're technically screaming though the cosmos right now while also rotating at an incredible rate, but we can't tell. You can only feel acceleration, not speed.
Yah, that and the fact that the whole thing is all based on our imaginary concept of time.

And to make this even more interesting, some animals see colors of light on the horizon at dawn and dusk that may help them migrate along traditional migration corridors. We can't see this light in the same way. So we all perceive light differently. Think about that next time an elk is looking at you.
Wait. When you see blue..Or red…Or green, how do I know you are not actually seeing pink, or yellow, or purple? How would you know either. Them’s just words.

Wait. When you see blue..Or red…Or green, how do I know you are not actually seeing pink, or yellow, or purple? How would you know either. Them’s just words.
What if we interpret sound waves differently. When we hear anything how do we know everybody else hears it the same? And smell—we may not smell things the same either.

What if we interpret sound waves differently. When we hear anything how do we know everybody else hears it the same? And smell—we may not smell things the same either.
I know it works that way with taste. How else could you explain the fact that some people can drink IPAs? They're not tasting what I'm tasting, that's for damn sure.

My Christmases aren't so bad. No booze in the house and no herd of relatives or friends to bother cooking for and cleaning up after or listening to them bicker. Just me and the dogs. They never complain. My daughter and grandkids will come over long enough to open presents then we adjorn to their house three blocks away for Christmas dinner. And then it's done for the year. Only hardship of the holidays is putting up the tree. A lot of heartbbreak hangs on it. When my wife and son were alive we had a tradition of putting ornaments in the stockings. Hmmm. Almost forgot Cathy and I were married 35 years ago tomorrow. Wes died twelve years ago yesterday (I never forget that).View attachment 256785
You've had way more than your share of heartbreak, OH. Best wishes for a nice Christmas with your family (dogs included, of course). 🎄🎄

I know it works that way with taste. How else could you explain the fact that some people can drink IPAs? They're not tasting what I'm tasting, that's for damn sure.
Gave my old man one once ( who has probably consumed about 76,000,000,000 give or take 10 to 12 Miller lite or old styles) spit it out right on the driveway. "What is this rotten grapefruit $*)Q!#@$ sh@t"!!

My dad is colorblind, and us kids had great fun quizzing him about what color things were all the time growing up. But it always made me wonder if people actually do see the same colors, or we just know that whatever color grass is is called green, etc so we learn the same names for colors. Maybe what I see grass looking like and what you see grass looking like are not actually the same color at all, but we both know grass is “green”.

My dad is colorblind, and us kids had great fun quizzing him about what color things were all the time growing up. But it always made me wonder if people actually do see the same colors, or we just know that whatever color grass is is called green, etc so we learn the same names for colors. Maybe what I see grass looking like and what you see grass looking like are not actually the same color at all, but we both know grass is “green”.

I think this is the test I took several years ago that measures how accurately you see different shades of colors. Some of us are able to distinguish subtle shades much more accurately than others. In any case, to some extent at least, we are all seeing different things and attaching the same label.

Two of the guys I work with are color blind, one red-green the other blue-yellow. Computer monitors, as we probably all have experienced don’t all display colors the same way…

Trying to make maps and charts for a board book gets real weird some days.

Two of the guys I work with are color blind, one red-green the other blue-yellow. Computer monitors, as we probably all have experienced don’t all display colors the same way…

Trying to make maps and charts for a board book gets real weird some days.
We have several public entities that require strictly B&W designs... which feels archaic, but if does force you to re-evaluate "is "it" really necessary" to the design. The final plans, at least the good ones, are way less cluttered.

We have several public entities that require strictly B&W designs... which feels archaic, but if does force you to re-evaluate "is "it" really necessary" to the design. The final plans, at least the good ones, are way less cluttered.
Honestly I think B&W have a ton of utility, and in the end turn out a lot better.

Honestly I think B&W have a ton of utility, and in the end turn out a lot better.
Yes and no. for large civil projects it's incredibly useful to have designs with aerial backgrounds. Something you can't do nearly as well in B&W. Also, we've shown with 40 yrs of metrics that Change Order rates are 2-10x lower with color plans.

I think this is the test I took several years ago that measures how accurately you see different shades of colors. Some of us are able to distinguish subtle shades much more accurately than others. In any case, to some extent at least, we are all seeing different things and attaching the same label.
That made me dizzy, interesting though. I wonder how directly the ability to pick up subtle shades of color would correlate to the ability to pickup up game when glassing a hillside.

PEAX Trekking Poles

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bgeary
Back