Driftless Wisconsin

Cheesehead

Hola damas y caballeros
Very much a novice fisherman, but looking to hit up the Driftless Region of WI several times in 2021.
If anyone is wanting to tag along, feel free to either pm me or else post on this thread. I think a HT trout WI fishing trip (with pics to boot) would be pretty awesome!
Also, I’d love to get any suggestions or feedback from experienced anglers on how to best fish this area!
Cheers

Last edited:
Hola damas y caballeros
Very much a novice fisherman, but looking to hit up the Driftless Region of WI several times in 2021.
If anyone is wanting to tag along, feel free to either pm me or else post on this thread. I think a HT trout fly WI fishing trip (with pics to boot) would be pretty awesome!
Also, I’d love to get any suggestions or feedback from experienced anglers on how to best fish this area!
Cheers
Swap out fly fishing for just fishing and I’d be in! I’m on the Western side of the border but have heard great things about trout in that area.

Swap out fly fishing for just fishing and I’d be in! I’m on the Western side of the border but have heard great things about trout in that area.
Done and deleted!!
I’m historically a styrofoam container of night crawlers kind of guy, just starting to dabble in fly fishing. Great point...all are welcome!

So much area to fish and explore with lots of fish. My favorite area of the state! My son and I try to take a couple trips a year. We are spinner/bait fisherman but have been experimenting some with the fly rod. We usually try and hit opening weekend for trout, but it is a gong show at least opening morning. In the catch and release season and after opening weekend you can have lots of water to yourself.
20190504_153603.jpg20200502_054508.jpg

Keep me in mind. What is a non resident cost?

You guys are always welcome to come to the decorah area. Non resident 3 day stamp is... I believe 30.

Up until last year, I only fished the MN side of the Driftless once a year. Last summer with covid stuff going on and not much else to do, I went down almost every weekend from April-September, although I was still consider myself somewhat inexperienced myself. I can't imagine its too much different than the WI side, aside from the better football team being on the MN side 🥴

I don't think there's any wrong way to fish it. I always target C&R streams just because there's less pressure generally, and I do try to hit the ones with more miserable hikes and thicker streamside vegetation as well. I try apply the same concepts when finding public land deer/elk, to trout. The Driftless is such a gem.

I’m on the Iowa side of the Driftless area. Allamakee county. I would be interested in a Driftless get fishing/hunting/foraging get together.

Great pictures and nice to hear some interest! I'll revisit this once we get a bit closer as this could be a nice thing to pull together in 2021. Nonresident costs are below.

View attachment 166396
$24 + 10 for trout = 34.00 about the same as Iowa.
If you guys head over here to Winneshiek county you'd be welcome to stay at my place.
NOTE: the Iowa trout season is 365 days a year and I catch them to eat them :)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Trapper330
Back